十一 | 𝟏𝟏𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

Start from the beginning

Opheil's love for Iaoth was selfish. She was selfish to declare her love for him. Your eyes softened as you brushed your hand against a book, rubbing your thumb against the cover. She knew that they would be punished for their actions and yet she still wanted Iaoth to herself. It was selfish of her. . .

Yutsuko hummed, reaching out to pluck the book from your hands, "We both have different interpretations."

"A-Ah. . . is that bad?" You asked, turning towards her with a concerned expression.

"Of course not dear," she replied, setting it down, "just because we don't see eye-to-eye, doesn't mean we can't try to understand each other."

"I don't think Opheil's thoughts were wrong though. She was a reckless child at heart, but she knew what she was doing. Iaoth could have also been at fault for his lack of loyalty towards his own God as well. Could you blame him for falling for Opheil?" Yutsuko explained, smiling at you with her wrinkled cheeks. ". . . She may have been selfish in her actions, but could you really deny someone of their happiness?"

You tensed up, your lips pressed together as you carefully swallowed down her words.

Was it wrong to feel selfish about something? Being selfish and greedy. . . it's wrong, isn't it? You shouldn't feel selfish for something you don't have. . . You shouldn't ask for more.

It was wrong, but. . . You turned your head towards Yutsuko's smiling form. Her wrinkled hands brushed against the top of her cane, her eyes were aged with more than just time. There was something deep within them that you couldn't understand. They were worn out, exhausted, and yet. . . they held so much light within them.

Were you. . . in the wrong for thinking this way?

You bit the bottom of your lips, tightening your fists as you dug your nails deep into your palm. You narrowed your eyes at the ground, splitting the edges of your lips in frustration.

. . . "I'm tired of this already (M/n)! You need to take her to the hospital!" (F/n) begged, throwing his arms to the side as the (h/c) woman quivered. She leaned back against the wall, gripping onto her incense stick as it blew thin trails of smoke into the air. She rubbed against the bottom of it, staring vacantly at the burning tip. "Are you even listening to me? (M/n)!"

"Every day, you think about yourself more than others! I'm tired of trying to get through to you at this point!" He tugged on his hair in frustration, "Do you even care about us anymore? You never listen to me and it's pissing me off!"

She shook her head, narrowing her eyes at the taller man, "Then leave me! I told you already that if you hated me then you should just leave already!"

(F/n) stepped back a few feet, grinding his teeth together as he glared at the (h/c) woman, "How many times must I try to get through to you! She's your daughter, you can't just pretend she doesn't exist!"

"She's your daughter too!" She shouted back, standing up from the ground to look at her husband, "You go on and on about how much it's all my fault when you don't do anything either! You don't do anything for her either so don't go around pretending that you're her father too! You're sick of me? I'm sick and tired of you too! Leave me for another woman, I don't care at this point!"

"You're so damn selfish!"

"And what's wrong with that?" She threw the incense down, stomping on it with her bare feet. Her muscles tensed at the sharp pain, the burning sensation pooling at the bottom of her feet as her eyes welled with tears, "What's wrong with being selfish! It's better than dying for something that doesn't even matter in the end!"