Though I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about, her words engraved into my head, being all I cared about.  " ok." I nodded as she looked at me, tears approaching her eyes, pulling me tightly back into her embrace.

My father stood over us crossing his arms...almost angry at my mother and I.

As my mother held me in her arms, a loud banging on the door shook our room.

My mother tightened her grip,tears flooding from her eyes as she screamed in agony. "No!" The cracks of pain in her voice horrified me.  My heart raced nervously as the banging on the door grew louder and more aggressive.

"Open up!" A voice shouted angrily behind the door.

"I'm letting them in." My father said coldly walking towards the door

"No! You can't!" My mother cried, reaching up and grabbing his wrist, stopping his path.

"I'm sorry." Said my father, swinging his arm up, prying it from my mother's grip and continuing towards the door, " I have to..."

"Oh my god." My mother's expression turned cold, causing my heart to feel as if it stopped. "Dominic , I want you to go hide!"  She gripped the sides of my cheeks and held her sorrowful face towards mine.

"Hide!" My eyes lit with fear, " please mother...what's going on?"

"I don't have time to explain... just go!" She released me from her grip and I stood up, "Remember what I told you...stay strong Dominic. No matter what."

"But-"

"Go!" My mother screamed. I backed up slowly in shock. I peered up as my father opened the door. An array of troopers lined the hall with rakes in their hands.

My eyes lit with fear and I quickly turned around, running towards my bed room without hesitation.

My breath was rapid as I entered my room, trying to find somewhere to hide. I glanced at my bed, and quickly slid underneath it into the dark shadows.

I pushed myself backwards, trying to hide my body in the darkness.

"Where's the boy?" A demanding voice echoed behind my walls

I was so afraid...what did they want with me? Tears rolled down my cheeks, my body filled with unremitting horror I couldn't control. I've never feared for my life...not until now.

"You can't take him!" My mother begged

"We're taking you with him! Now show us where he is!"

"NO!" My mother's screams grew louder, piercing through my ears like the cut of a sharp blade.  Suddenly, gut wrenching cries from my baby brother wept in the distance. The trooper turned his head towards my mother in shock, "So those rumors are also true...you do have more than one child. Gives us a better reason to take your first born away."

"You can't do this!"

"You broke the law sweetheart...of course I can do this."

"Search the house."  Another trooper ordered, as they began to disperse among the area.

heavy footsteps neared my room...my heart was beating so quickly I thought it might stop. My door swung open, the feet of a trooper entered and slowly walked around, searching the area.

I held my hands up to my mouth, trying to hide my rapid breath as the trooper pondered around my room. He swung open the doors to my closet, aggressively pulling every piece of clothing on owned out and onto the floor.

He looked behind bins and baskets...I was nowhere to be seen. He neared my bed and grabbed the edges of my blanket, tossing it up over his head onto his head. The blanket swung up and hit into a glass cup on my vanity.