Inconvenience

Charlottes POV...

I gently unwrap Levi's arm from me to sneak away from the couch. It's 5:30am so I decide to use this time to shower and pack some clothes before I wake him up. My neck hurts from sleeping in the crook of Levi's arm all night, but I'm not going to complain too much, I love the comfort of his body holding mine. It's the first time I've actually gotten a full night's rest without having any worry invading my mind.

"Levi, wake up!" I tap on his shoulder.

He rubs his eyes and stretches while trying to focus on me. "What time is it?" His voice groggy.

"It's 6:30," I tell him.

"6:30 at night? Come back and lay down with me," he pats the couch.

I pull on his arm, making him sit up. " It's 6:30 in the morning, now come on I have to get to work," I laugh and wrap his arm around the back of my shoulder to help him stand.

I bring him into the bathroom to use the toilet and so he can brush his teeth. We are awkwardly standing together at the sink while he maneuvers his tooth brush with one hand, his left arm around my neck and my right arm holding around his waist so I can support his weight. I'm a little annoyed that he doesn't think anything of it, he just goes about doing what he has to do at the sink while I hold him up . "You know this would be a lot easier if you sat in your wheelchair to do this."

"No, this is fine," he says nonchalantly.

"Ok, let's get going then," I say as I lead him around with me to my room to grab my bag, then to the kitchen to grab my keys and out the door to my jeep. I guess I can't be too annoyed , I'm the one who didn't force him to take his chair with us yesterday.

We stop for some Starbucks coffee and breakfast on the way to the rehab center. When we get there, I help him to his room and towards his wheelchair.

"I'll sit on the bed for now," he says.

"Alright," I exaggerate. "I have a ton of work to catch up on so you'll have to meet Nate in the gym," I let him know, and then lean towards him and plant a kiss onto his perfect lips.

"I'll bring your chair next to you so you can transfer when you want," I try to say, but he cuts me off and says with a stern voice, " No chair, Sarah can walk me to the gym."

I give him a weird look even though he's the one acting weird today. I turn to walk out the door, let out a small sigh of confusion, and simply say, "Fine... I'll come find you this afternoon."

Why is he acting so strange about his wheelchair? Is it something I did or said, or worse, is it something Andy said to him yesterday causing this new found persistence to not use his chair? As much as I want to be with him every minute, our arms wrapped around each other, walking together... I can't. I can't walk him around everywhere and get my work done. I need to get his stubborn ass back to using his chair.

I find him sitting on the couch in the lounge after I've finished all my other work. No wheelchair in sight, only Levi. I walk over to him and he looks up at me smiling, then pulls me down onto his lap to kiss me. " I missed you all day," he cheerfully says. I'm glad he's in a good mood so I quickly blurt out, " Let's get to the gym, we are going to tackle your fear of the parallel bars," hoping his mood doesn't switch to angry.

Too late! He lightly pushes me off his lap and glares at me. "What? No, absolutely not," he grunts.

"Levi, you have to work on this and I'm going to be the one helping you this time," I try to deter him from thinking about his first horrible experience with the bars.

He sighs while I lock his left leg brace, then wraps his arm around me so we can walk to the gym. I stop with him right to the edge of the piece of equipment he's so scared of and move myself to stand in front of him, in between the bars.  I tightly grab both of his hips. He doesn't move and keeps both of his arms firmly holding my shoulders.