Open Up

Charlotte's POV...

If the moment feels right, you go for it. Worrying about if it was the correct thing do do, can come later. That's how I seem to be living my life recently and it scares me a little.

I fix my gaze on Levi, holding his hips steady while his body is shaking. He doesn't try to move or say anything, he just looks back at me.

The expression on his face is like staring at a blank slate, only peering into his blue eyes can I feel his despair.

Instinctively, I let go of his hips and fold my arms around his back, embracing him. Slowly I feel his body stop shaking, and I hear him release a little bit of uncertainty when he nestles his head into my neck and sighs. I'm pretty sure I let out a sigh too. Hugging him felt right, like something we both needed.

This week has been hell for me, and for Levi from what Nate and Sarah have told me. After Hearing that he hasn't slept all week and that he's had terrible nightmares every night, I knew I had to get back here. So after my father was released from the hospital and settled back at home, I jumped on the next available fight to Boston.

I want to get to the root of these nightmares he's having. He probably won't easily open up about what's going on with him, but I have to try.

I decide to be the first to break our hold and speak first, "Levi, I heard that you..."

"Wait Charlotte...", he interrupts. " I'm so sorry about your father and I'm happy that he's ok," he says concerned.

" Thank you, I think he'll be fine as long as he follows the doctor's orders."

I'm not going to succeed with getting him to talk about his dreams any further, so I may as well try to lighten up the mood.

"Shall we walk a little?" I ask, gripping onto his hips again.

He hesitates for a moment and I can see fear taking over his face, but I give him an encouraging smile.

"Sure," he agrees, placing his hands back on my shoulders.

I keep hold of his hips so he doesn't lose his balance and we carefully make our way across the room, guided by the ceiling track. His movements are jagged and his steps uncoordinated, but he's doing it and I can't help feeling proud about it. After another ten feet across the room, his pace begins to slow and I catch him wincing with each step he makes with his left.

"Levi, what is it?" I ask him.

"I keep getting a shooting pain up my leg when I shift my weight," he confirms.

"Alright, time to get out of this harness and take a rest," I tell him.

"Are you going to tell me about these dreams you've been having every night?" I nudge while pushing his wheelchair down the hall.

"No." He flatly states.

"Levi, you can talk to me if something is bothering you, " I push further.

"It's nothing... I'm fine now," he insists. " Can we just go and eat? I'm starving," he adds, trying to divert our conversation.

After we make our way into the dining room, he tells me he's going over to eat with Jake.

I'm glad he's made friends with Jake. Jake is a great guy, always positive and works very hard. Jake is a good influence for Levi and Levi needs a friend here, someone who's in a similar situation .

Boundless Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें