Prologue

One stupid mistake was all it took for me to lose everything I have ever known. It was no one else's fault but mine. To feel trapped inside a body that doesn't feel like my own, trapped in a new place that's not my home, trapped in a chair that now defines me. I'm rendered useless.

Some days I feel like I'm drowning. The panic sets in and all the oxygen vanishes from the room. My movements now spastic and uncontrolled, making me feel helpless.

Little did I know my life would change forever that night. Everything that I though was important to me, suddenly was not. Everything that I thought made me happy suddenly stopped making me smile.

Everyone I loved looked at me like I was broken, unfixable, unworthy. I had nothing left but pain; unbearable, relentless pain. The only constant in my life and reminder of my mistake.

No one would care if my worthless being vanished from this earth; I would be doing them all a favor I thought. Until she held my hand and helped me believe that maybe my life is worth saving.

People say things happen for a reason. I guess It's true. Some have called it fate, some have called it luck, some even believe I was cursed. I'm not sure I believe in any of those things. All I do know is that whatever I need to face from here, I can't face it without her.

She calls me her hero, but she's the real unsung hero...she saved me.