Chapter 7 (Part 1)

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Prachi yelled at me over the loud blasting music,

We were at a club were Prachi's boss had thrown a big party for all his inters. And everybody was allowed to bring people, so Prachi brought us with her. And if you are thinking that this was some boring party with formal dresses, then I have to inform you that you are very very wrong. There was loud music blasting from each and every corner of this club. And there was tons of alcohol here. And the number of people present here? Don't even get me started at them. There are just so many people. It was like a whole college was here instead of just a company's inters. I guess that lots of people have gate crashed this party. People were everywhere, at all corners. Some were drinking, some were dancing and some were chatting away. Whereas I? I was here sittiing on a stool at the bar sipping a coke. I have nothing against parties or anything. Its just that I don't get the sense behind it. Why waste dollars and go to cramped up place just to dance around and drink and sweat when you can perfectly do that in your own house? I didn't even want to come here. I only came when Rey and Prachi bribed me with the deal that if I come, they will take me to the Gateway of India and after that to shopping tomorrow.

This whole club was situated on the third floor of an office building. It seemed weird to me but it was India so who knows? It was divided into two parts. One was the main dancing area, one was the bar and the other was the balcony. It's walls were of a dark black colour and form some places the colours was coming out. There was  disco ball situated right in the middle of the room. It was the only source of light in the whole room. Other than that everything was dark. It was also difficult to see one another's faces in this dim light.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" She repeated her question, this time looking straight in my eye. In reply I just pushed myn eyebrows up, as up as it would go. After deeing my gesture Prrachi shaked her head and said, "I will take that as a no." 

To say the truth, I was extremely bored here. There was nothing to do. I didn't want to hurt Prachi but it was the truth. If only Biance was here, then it would be so much more fun. Wait, Bianca! 

"Wanna have some?" Rey said and passed me a glass of what smelled like vodka. I politely shaked my head in a 'no'. 

"I need to go." I said and stood up of my stool. Rey and I hadn't talked much to each other since that almost kiss at the restaurant. I was embarrased by it. I can't think what had gotten into me that I was almost going to kiss a person, I met less than two hours ago.

"Where are you going?" Rey asked, confusion plastered on his face. It was then only I realized how I sounded.

I quickly shook my head and said, "I'm going to the balcony."

I noticed that Prachi had left the two of us and had gone to the dance floor. Right now a song which I think was called 'Lungi Dance' was bieng played in the background. I didn't get what on earth a 'lungi' was and why was a song made out of it.

I went to the balcony and found an empty seat at a far corner of the place. I went and sat there. The wind blew my hair in all directions, but I would care less. I quickly grabed my phone from my purse and dialed Bianca's number. I knew her number pretty well. 

After almost five rings, she picked up her phone. She said in a dreamy voice, "Hello, who is this?" Her voice made me feel nostalgic. I missed her.