Chapter 1

“C’mon, cheer up. You weren’t like this earlier. What has gotten into you?” Bianca, my best friend/colleague says to me. I am in my office at Travis Travels-  a traveling agency in California--where I now live. It is our lunch break, Bianca is sitting opposite me at my desk and is  trying to ‘cheer me up’ and bring me out of depression caused by my former boyfriend-Jake Leigh’s dumping me.

Bianca's blonde hair is tied in a tight ponytail at the top of her head. She was wearing a tight red pencil skirt which ended at her knees. Nothing too showy but it showed her curves perfectly. I had always admired her curves. On top of that skirt, she was wearing a blue full sleved button down shirt which was tucked inside her skirt. It was the perfect office outfit.

“Hmm,” it was all she got in reply from me. I was too much absorbed in my thoughts. To some extent she was right I couldn't get Jake out of my stupid brain. My brain couldn't process the fact that we both were over and what he did to me was not something acceptable.

“Siara, Siara, Siara, Siara Franz,” she rants. She stands  up  as her grey irises meet my bluish grey ones.

“Umm, I guess I know my name, Bianca,” I say rolling my eyes. She has been trying to cheer me up for the last two weeks, which is the exact same  time  frame that Jake dumped me. I don’t even want to think of him anymore.

Now, its her turn to roll her eyes. “I know exactly what you should do.” Her lips twitch up in the form of a huge smile.

“And what is that precisely?” I say not too interested. All I wanted to do was to be left alone.

“Take a break. Go somewhere. Make a travel plan alone; you always loved traveling alone,” she says in a single breath. That girl has some energy.

Now that I think of what she said, it isn’t that bad of an idea. I do love travelling, so why not?There is one tiny problem, like always. “What about my funds?” I ask her. She seems happy that I have considered her suggestion and plucks herself down to the cushioned seat right opposite to my desk.

“Let me think. Do you still have that bank account?”

“Which bank account?” I ask instinctively though I know which account she is talking about.

“Idiot, the one where ,let me remember, the seven years worth of salary  you’ve been saving since you were nineteen?”

“Oh, yeah, that one. Yes, I have that one. So?” I knew what she wanted to say, but I still asked her, just to annoy her.

“So, it’s about time you use it. Use it to fund this journey.”

The more I think about it, the more it feels right, “Okay, I am doing it," I announce,“but where am I going?” Thats another thing about traveling. I have traveled so much that their is hardly any place (well their are lots, but anyway) that I haven't visited.

“Okay, get this straight Miss. Siara: I am not helping you out with everything. Use your own brain.” she says with  her hand on her hips, clearly annoyed. That means I succeded in annoying her.

“I just wanted a suggestion.” I say truthfully with puppy dog eyes. I know she can't resist those eyes. Well no one can except one. And I am sure that I don't want to think of him.

“Okay,” She says almost guiltily and pulls out her chair from its place, putting it beside me.“You have traveled almost half of the world. Which place haven’t you been yet?”She asks while sitting down.

It takes me a moment to think about it. “Asia.”I suddenly say, surprising both me and her. “I haven’t been to lots of places in Asia”

“Okay,” She says and takes a map of Asia out of a cabinet. In office each and every cope has its own supply of the best quality maps of all around the world. We need it for planning our next tours and stuff so last year our boss bought several maps and kept those in each cope.

She lays a map in front of us, and  looks at the map while I start eating my uneaten lunch. It is just a plain Ham Sandwhich. I offer one to Bianca but she refuses saying that she isn't hungry. Well, I know her well enough to know that she is lying, she is just dieting cause she thinks she is going fat when she is slimmer than me.

“How about Iran?” she asks breaking me out from analysing.

I look up from my tasty Ham sandwhich and reply with food in my mouth, "Been there.”

“Stop talking while eating. I have told this to you several times." She scolds me and I mumble a small sorry to her which I think she didn't hear.

"Arabia?” she asks again.

“Nah.”

“Turkey?”

“Nah again.”

“India?” she says and I look up at her.

India. The land of festivels. I had always wanted to go their. How can I forget. When I was a kid I read about it in my books and I always wanted to see that place with my own eyes. The temples their, their field, their cars. I wanted to see everything present there when I was a child. So how can I forget it now? Maybe it is finally time I fulfill my childhood dream.

“That’s that. India it is.” I say to her smiling. She smiles back at me, probably proud for helping me.

“India it is then.” she concludes.

~~~~~~

So yeah this is the first chapter and I know it's crappy but still. Let me know what you think of this. Okay?Okay. And please vote and comment. It would mean the world to me.

And this chapter is dedicated to the awesome @hermione_me. I love you girl!

With lots of love,
Elena