Chapter 4

Unedited

~~~~~~~

UP UNTIL NOW

I was so engulfed in my thoughts that I didn't notice where I was walking so I bumped into someone and was about to fall. Whoever I bumped into held me by my arms and stopped me from falling otherwise I would've surely fallen and caused a scene. I brethed in his smell. I know this smell. It was a mixture of cologne and mint. I know this smell very well.

"Watch where you're going, lo-"-He stopped as he looked down to who he had caught in his arms. I knew this voice even well. How can I forget the voice I fell in love with? I can't.

"Jake."-I said his name slowly.

"Siara." He said, still holding me in his arms, realization that it was me hitting him.

~~~~~~~

His voice was soft and melodic. Just the way I remembered.

Beside everything, I have to admit that the way he said my name made my heart skip a beat. All good memories of us together came flooding back to me. For a moment, I forgot that I was on a plane ,and all I wanted to do was kiss him. It was so tempting that I had to remind myself that he dumped me before I did anything stupid.

As I reminded myself that, I simultaneously jerked away from his hold. He first seemed confused, then dazed, then a scowl set on his face.

I didn't know what to do so I just muttered a quick "Thank you," and started to walk away. Not sure if he heard it or not, but my plans  somewhat failed.

As I took a step away from him, he grabbed me by my arm, jerked me back-- it was not expected -- leaned down so that his mouth was beside my ear and spoke in a hushed tone, "I don't want to see you again." I had not even expected this. Not that I expected anything from him but a small part of my sub-consciousness wished that he had said "I miss you" or "I'm sorry" kind of thing. But, the bitter truth was he did not. Instead, he had said that he doesn't want to see me again, so be it then. I am never gonna see this jerk again, not till the time I can handle it at least.

After he had finished, I half-ran back to my seat, and Somya followed suit. I had expected her to ask me what  that was; but ,instead, she just sat there listening to songs on her iPad ,and I loved her for that. Right now, I was in no position to explain anything. I was hardly holding myself together after seeing my boyfriend--no cut that-- ex-boyfriend who had dumped me two years earlier.

I wanted to read Pride and Prejudice again, but I was afraid that if I read about the happy ending of Mr.Darcy and Elizabeth I would lose my self-control and start to cry. So, instead I did what was the next best option to reading: sleep.

But it was hard for me to go to slumber, because my mind kept wondering why the heck Jake was even here.

~~~~~~~~~

"Siara. Siara, wake up. Siara, wake up, we are here." Someone kept saying, waking me from my slumber state.

I rubbed my eyes with my hand and sat up straight. It was apparently Somya who was waking me up.

"Where are we?" Those were the first thing that left me mouth, but I was confused if Somya had got me or not as the words were kinda slurred.

"We are at Mumbai."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey, guys first of all a very very happy Christmas Eve. I hope you all enjoy it to the most. 

Now I would like you to know that ths book Journey To India was ranked, the day before yesterday, a #187 in Adventure, and I can't tell how much it means to me. It is the best Christmas Gift ever. I love you guys. For celebrating that I updated today (I originally planned on updating tomorrow) and I will update again tomorrow probably. So yeah, please don't mind that it was short.

And I also decided that Siara would be played by Alexandra Daddario and Jake would be played by Logan Lerman. And one more thing just so you know if you still didn't guess it yet, Jake is a jerk.

Please do vote and comment what you think. I would love to have some feedback.

Dedicated to Just-a-Vagabond_Vib cause I love her, and she is awesome.

Okay, love you all!

Elena