Chapter 7 (part 3)

I just kept on walking. I didn't care where I was going. I didn't know for how long I was walking. It may have been 5 minutes or it may have been an hour. I completely lost track of time. I was angry, wait, I was beyond angry. I was angry at Jake for what he did and I was angry at myself for running from him. I should have stood my ground, but it was too late. I knew that. I was always late, always.

I was brought back to my senses by something beeping in my purse. When I opened my purse I found my phone beeping. On opening it I saw it was an unknown number but on furthur examination I realized that it was Jake's number. I had deleted his number after our break-up but one look at the number and I knew it was Jake's. The number suddenly blazed my anger. I decided to completely ignore it.

The first thing I did after that was check the time. It was close to one. Holy Cow! It has been an hour since I left that place. I looked around to where I was. 

I was near the sea. I could smell the salty scent in the air. I walked forward and after a few turns and walking for ten minutes, I was standing directly in front of the Gateway Of India. 

It was a huge arch built in yellow basalt and concrete. The structure of it reminded me of the Indo-Saracenic style and of mughal architecture though I knew it was built way after there time. From where I was standing I could only view three turrets of the four supporting the arch. Beneat the night sky, the monument looked heavenly. It looked like a cration of the god. I just stood their admiring its beauty.

I didn't know how I came there. I just walked wherever my subconsiousness told me to, and it led me here. For a moment their, I forgot about all of my immediate troubles.

But, as predicted, it was not for long.

Not a moment after my daydreaming, or in this case nightdreaming, a car loudly honked from behind me, causing me to jump to the side. It was a Honda. As I moved to the side, the driver of the car drove past me shouting, "Watch where you are!"

It was at that moment that it dawned upon me that I was lost. I was lost in this unknown country. And I didn't know where to go. 

I could have tried calling someone but I didn't have anyone to call. I was stupid enough not to save Somya's number or for that matter anyone's number. I could have tried walking back and finding my way but I had lost my senses when I was walking here, so I doubt I would ever be able to find the right way. 

Nonetheless I started poking around my phone to find something useful, and there it was my lifesaver, my GPRS app. Smiling internally with joy, I opened the app, only to be notified that there was no wifi in the region. The fact that India doesn't provide free wifi had completely lost my mind.

I was completely lost now, in an unknown country. I wondered what I would do. Nothing came to my mind. I couldn't figure out how to get back to Somya's apartment. 

"Worried?" a soft melodic Indian voice said from beside me. I turned around to see who it was. It was a boy, with raven black hair and black diluted eyes. He was wearing a jeans and a t-shirt. I didn't know what to reply to him, so I just smiled and nodded.

"Hmm I see. Come, lets sit there," he said pointing at the wall which seperated the land from then sea, "By the way I am Sidharth."

"Siara," I said and followed him where he had pointed. Maybe you can call me reckless at this moment to follow a boy I barely know, but if you were in my situation and this boy was the only living person you can see till god knows where, then you would have done the same.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me when I was seated.

"I got lost," I replied to him truthfully.

"That explains your worried expression. Where are you staying? "

"I am staying at my friends house." Somethng about him told me that I could trust him.

"Great, Where does she stay? Maybe I could drop you there? My bike is just around the corner," His tone suggested that he was genuinly intrested in helping me.

"If only I was wise enough to note where she lives. I am doomed for life," Somehow saying it aloud gave it another strength. I was doomed. How on earth was I supposed to get back to her house? Some tears left my eyes unwillingly.

"Hey, don't cry. It will be fine. Look up there at Gateway of India. My mother used to say that people can find solutions of all there problems here. It can never happen that everyone could find there solurion here and you can't." His words made on sense to me Maybe he just trying to entertain me and stop me from crying. Whatever his reason was, I did stop crying.

"Tell me more of it," I requested him.

"Hmm what is there to say. It was built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to Mumbai. Sir George Sydenham Clarke built it. This monument here, represented the British Raj in India.The passing of the first batalion of the somerset light infantry was the first important event that took place here." He said these like he had learnt these by hart.

"How do you know so much?" When I asked him this, he blushed.

"I was studying this for my college exam before I came here," he replied truthfully. He was sweet.

I forgot about all my troubles at that moment. But again it didn't last long. I wonder what Fate has against me.

As I was about to ask him what he was studying, a bright pair of yellow lights flashed in front of our faces making us blind.

When I regained my sight, I looked up and found Jake standing outside the car, and frowning at me.

XXJ2IXX

A/N Unexpected update. I didn't plan on updating but the book hit 1K reads and also some of you requested so I thought I needed to update. Thank you all so much for reading this. It means so so much to me.

Now to say clearly I won't update till mid-March. I am sorry but I am having exams in about a forthnight. So please bear with me. Also this is the last past of chapter 7. Now I was wondering if I should add all the parts of chapter 7 in one part. Maybe it would be easier to read then? I don't know. Let me know what you think and I will do that. Picture of Gateway of India to the side. I will keep it short.

This one is dedicated to @Haleema_Rema09 because this is the first book she ever read on wattpad. 

Bye for now.

Love you all,
Elena