Chapter 3

"Now that's even done," I murmured to myself as I finished taking out my sim card from my phone and putting it deep inside my purse. I always did that. I did not like anyone disturbing me while I'm traveling so it was my way of preventing that. Bianca hated it, as she wasn't able to contact me whenever I was travelling, but old habits die hard.

It was a seventeen hour flight from California to Mumbai, my first destination in India, so I had plenty of time to waste. I had decided to read in my spare time ,so I had kept a couple of books, other than the one Bianca gave to me, in my backpack with me. They were Pride and Prejudice and Emma. Yes, I am Jane Austen fan and yes,I love reading her books. Even when I was small, I used to read Austen. Because of that, my mother used to say that I am different because when others used to read science fictions like Percy Jackson, I used to read classics. Ah, I miss my mother. I should have at least told her that I was coming ,but like always, I doubt whether she would have cared or not.

Without any further thinking, I started reading Pride and Prejudice.

~~~~

I read Pride and Prejudice  for most of the flight. I only kept it back when they served us dinner. As I began to eat my dinner, a female from my side said, "Hi!" I looked at my side to see who it was.

She was a petite lady, probably a good four-five years older than me. She had olive colored skin and dark brown eyes. Her eyes were like they could swallow you up in its depthness. She had black hair tied up in a messy bun. I would be kidding if I said she wasn't beautiful. She seemed to be Indian by her looks and accent.

"Hi,"I replied in a cheerful voice. I always liked meeting new people.

"Hey, I'm Somya."She said in a Indian mixed with American accent.

Somya,she must be Indian. "I'm Siara," I said and pulled my hand out for her to shake. She shook my hand gently.

"You're going to India, I guess," she asked kindly. She seemed sweet to me.

I nod. "Mumbai,"I stated.

"I'm from Mumbai," she beamed.

~~~~

For the next thirty minutes, that's the time it took us to eat dinner, we talked about our respective countries and where we grew up in.

I collected from her that she was born and brought up in Mumbai, and now worked as a teacher there. She came to California to visit it, as she always wanted to see this city. She had saved all she could from the last ten years and had finally made it here. I really liked her and her determination. I knew I would never have that amount of determination that she had. Sure, I had determination, but it was really less compared to hers.

We had now finished our dinner and were walking out of the washroom when she said, "Where are you staying at Mumbai?"

"Haven't figured out yet. Anywhere I can get place I guess," I replied calmly without hesitation.

"Maybe you can stay with me? I live alone anyways."

I hesitated this time before speaking, "You wouldn't mind?"

"Never. I stay alone and am pretty much bored. It would be fun having you there with me."

I thought about it for a second then gave in. I was going to stay alone anyways so staying at her place with her would be a much better idea.Plus, I didn't even know anything of this city, so she could even help me.

I was so engulfed in my thoughts that I didn't notice where I was walking ,so I bumped into someone and was about to fall. Whoever I bumped into held me by my arms and stopped me from falling otherwise I would've surely fallen and caused a scene. I breathed in his smell. I know this smell. It was a mixture of cologne and mint. I know this smell very well.

"Watch where you're going, lo-" he stopped as he looked down to who he had caught in his arms. I knew this voice well. How can I forget the voice I fell in love with? I can't.

"Jake,"I say his name slowly.

"Siara," he said, still holding me in his arms, realization that it was me hitting him.

~~~~~

It was probably crap! I know shoot me. I wanted to update on Monday but I was sick and still am, so I wasn't able to upload. Today I felt so guilty that I thought Let's update, the worse will be it will be crap and it is. So yeah!

But please still vote and comment what you think. It will make me feel better. :) Please?

To the side is something I made because I was bored and didn't have anything better to do. Can you even call that a banner? I don't know. Anyways!

This chapter is dedicated to @dark_dancer28 cause she is awesome and lovely to talk to.

Now if you all understood or not I don't know but this is supposed to be a cliffhanger. Okay?Okay. So who's excited for Jake's entry? And what do you think of the new character Somya? Do you think can you trust her? Do let me know. I would love to know what you think.

Also I need some suggestions as to who to cast as Jake and Siara. I don't really know who would suit them and all I can imagine them are as Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder (If you don't know yet, Let me tell you I have an obsession over them). Please give me some ideas.

I will probably update again when I am better. Bye till then!

Love you all,
Elena