Chapter 9

It is unnatural, how people you met a day ago, can be such a good and loyal friend to you. 

Yesterday night, after I got back with Jake, none of them even asked me what had happened and why I had left so uncertainly, and I am thankful for them for doing so. They did hint that they thought it was because of Jake, because Siara had seen my earlier encounter with Jake in the plane. But other than that they hardly said anything on the subject.

And, this morning when I woke up, quite late might I add, they even offered to take me Elephanta caves for a tour, I agreed but after some persuasion though. So here I was, back at Date no. 4, in Gateway of India waiting for a boat to Elephanta caves. Ironic isn't it?

"How long?" Aryan whined. Did I say that Aryan was not a very patient person? No, I guess I didn't.

We had reached the dock at about the right time for the boat, but I boat was already full, so we had to wait for the next boat which was ten minutes later. And in these five minutes for which we were waiting, he had already asked this same question fifteen times. To say that I was getting irritated with him would be an understatement. But yah I still liked him, well not in that sense, but you get the point, so I would let this slip.

"Aryan don't misbehave," her sister scolds him which seems to keep him under check.

"There it is!" Rey jumps and points at the direction from which the boat was coming.

After the boat was docked at the gate, all of us hurriedly went and sat in it, I didn't know what the hurry was but I didn't point it out. As soon as we were seated another couple with a five year old boy came and sat with us. All the family had raven black hair and brown eyes. The man seemed to be wearing dress pants. I didn't get why he would wear dress pants when he was going on a vacation. The woman was wearing, what I collected from Prachi, a Sari. And the little boy was wearing a shorts and blue doramon tee-shirt which was quite adorable.

A little more than fifteen minutes later, the boatman started the boat. And we began our journey to the Elephanta Caves.

All through the one hour ride and 140 nautical miles, there was not a moment where there was quietness in the whole boat.

It started with the couple asking Prachi and Aryan from where they are. Then they asked each and everyone of us, each and everyone, from where we all are. Then it went to how hot it was, then to any topic you can possibly imagine.

And all through this, what Rey, who was sitting right next to me, and I did was look at each other and sigh. Why? Cause most of the conversation was carried out in hindi, and both of us didn't know a thing about it. Also both of us didn't got how they all were talking so freely, like the knew each other from years, when in reality they had just met each other.

It would be suffice to say that when, both the teams finally parted with each other at the Elephanta Caves entrance, both of us were the most happy, cause frankly we were getting irritated cause we didn't know what they were talking about.

The island, in which the caves were situated, was in itself very beautiful. It was small and round and was descendant from the azure depths of the Arabian Sea. The smell of the sea was prominent in the whole island.  After disembarking, we started our path to what Somya, who was the only one of us who had previously come here, the 'site of ascent'.

To get to the 'site of ascent' we had to follow a narrow path which permitted only two people at a time, and make our way to the 'site of ascent'.  After descending from the path, there was a wide space which overlooked the sea. There were lots of tourists here, and along with tourists there were lots of 'Jamun Wallahas' here.

I didn't exactly know what Jamuns were, so I went and bought a pouch of jamun. On opening it I found about seven to eight plum colored fruits. I offered it to everyone, and everyone gladly took one. After everyone took there share there were still a couple of jamuns left, but I decided that I would eat it when we were going to return from here.

"So lets head up to the caves?" Aryan asks and we all nod in response, before starting our way up a steep flight of stairs.

All through the way, none of us said a single thing, which was weird but peaceful in the same time.  We all were soaking the positive energy that this place was giving to us. While some would say that this was utter nonsense, I would say that there was a reason why people called it a sacred place.

When we reached the top of the stairs, the boys head of to buy the tickets for the entrance. All of us were exhausted and it was close to three, so we decided to have our lunch first, so we went and took our places in the hotel nearby. The boys soon came and joined us with the tickets.

None of us said anything, I don't know why, we just didn't.

After finishing our food Somya was the first one to speak up. "This place is something, isn't it?"

"It is. I can literally feel the positive vibe surrounding us," Rey says with a deep breath.

"You know all these people here, all of them are reminding me of my grandfather. He used to come here all the time," Prachi looked sad when she said this, like she was reliving some old memory, sad or happy, I don't know.

"I miss him, di," Aryan declares to his sister.

"What happened?" I was genuinely curious when I asked this. I really wanted to know, but at the same time, I didn't want to bring discomfort to Prachi.

"He slipped from the canon cliff,"-canon cliff was a famous spot in the islands-"and died," Prachi explained.

I was stunned by this. "I'm sorry," Rey and I blurted out at the same time. And just like that all of us started laughing. We didn't know why we were laughing; I guess that we were just living in the moment.

"C'mon lets go and see some of those caves up there," Rey says standing up. 

XXJ2IXX

Hey guys, so here is another update. So, I have decided that I will update every Saturday from now on. If the schedule chages I will let you know. 

So how do you liked this chapter? I had planned a bit more for the chapter, but then I thought it would be a little too much information to process so I just shifted it to the next chapter. I am actually really exited for the next chapter, something really fun is coming, I can say that much. 

Okay now something I wanted to ask you all, which two people are your favorite here?

Mine is Siara and Jake, they are two of the characters I literally love, especially Siara. But another character I really love here is Bianca. I better shut up before I give too much away I guess.

Also how are you enjoying this so far? Do you like it? I really hope you do! I love writing it. Especially this chapter. I'm quite happy with this chapter. I hope you like it too. Do let me know by commenting and please vote if you liked it.

And, you can find a picture of Jake Abel, who is playing Rey Martins, to the side or on the top (if you are reading on phone).

Oh, and thank you all so so much for 1.3K reads you don't know how much that means to me. I love you all for that, it's all because of you. Please keep on showing support to it.

Ok, signing off.

Elena