Chapter 12

Cold wind swept my hair as I sat there along with Prachi and Somya, huddled in a shed near the ticket booth. Aryan and Rey had gone to find some food in the restaurant, how I don't know. I asked to accompany them, but Rey made me sit here with the girls, cause he thought someone should be with them, when they were still in shock, which I begged to differ. Sure, they were a bit scared, but they were capable enough to look after themselves even if no one was with them. But, of course they didn't pay any heed to me and left me behind.

No of us had spoken anything, the whole while we were sitting here and honestly it was getting me a bit creped out. So I took the matter into my own hands and decided to do something useful.

"Do you know any place here which will protect us from the storm, Somya?" I asked.

Somya, who was earlier staring at the ground, averted her gaze to me. "The Trimurti Cave. All the other caves are either broken or not built properly. They won't provide us protection against the storm, not as effectively as the Trimurti, anyway."

With her answer, I suspected that she was thinking about it before I asked this question. "So, shouldn't we be camping there?"

"We should. Let the boys come back, then we will make our way there."

And with that we went back to our own thoughts and our own worries and our own solutions.

The sound of splashing water made us look in the direction of the restaurant. In the dark, we couldn't see much. All we could see was the faint outline of Aryan and Rey approaching us, the latter holding a plastic bag in his hand.

As they came closer, there figures grew more distinct and we could see that the plastic bag belonged to the restaurant. This made me smile. At least we had food with us, however less it might be.

"We got some food," Rey declared as he and Aryan stood in the shed, in front of where we were sitting.

"And we got a place to stay," Somya declared standing up.

"Good. Where is that?"

"In the Trimurti cave," I said, standing up as well.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go there then," Aryan said.

I nodded and nudged Prachi, who was sitting beside me, to stand up. She did and we made our way across the island to the Trimurti caves.

The cave was like I last saw it, only a few hours back. The only difference was there was no one here now, while there were a bunch of people here, a few hours back.

"Let's sit there," Aryan said pointing to a spot right opposite to where the Trimurti was. I don't know why he chose that spot. Maybe because it was right in front of God's eye. Maybe he thought that if we sat there, under God's eye, then He would somehow look over us or protect us. I don't know, but I went with it and sat where he said, everyone following my lead soon behind.