Red Seats

A/N: I am so sorry, I don't like making you sad! I couldn't wait so here it is, enjoy! - xoxo Mel

Two weeks.

It had been two weeks since you last seen Charlie or even spoke to him, but you didn't think of it too much. You were mad. What he told you would be repeating all the time. You did take Charlie's advice and took a break, which is exactly what you needed. The Bar was scheduled in the winter, which gave you enough time to study and be prepared.

You wondered how Charlie was doing? A part of you wanted to be with him; reach out, but not a call or text was received by him. Before, you knew it was hard for him to reach out, so he could be with his son, but that was what you accepted. You would rather have him ignore you for weeks so he could spend time with Henry, but maybe it was really over between you and Charlie.

"Hey, I need files on a Smith. Can you help me?" Parker asked you while you were at your desk, contemplating. You looked at him, pointing at the shelf behind you. He tilted his head confused.

"Fine, follow me," You stood up, walking to the small side room filled with shelves, "Left and right, obviously alphabetical, did you say Smith?"

You heard him shuffle his feet, "Yes Smith,"

"You want to think of each line on the shelf as a new letter," You pointed your finger down, arriving at the S. Opening it, you walked away from it. "There you go, you have to look for it one by one. Anything else?"

"No, that is pretty much all I needed, Alphabetical left to right." You nodded, tapping your thigh, "Thank you. How are you feeling?"

You looked up, slightly shaking your head. You guessed you had to answer, "I'm good, I guess, not sick anymore, which is great. Well, I better get to it then."

"Why haven't you taken the Bar yet?" You heard him speak as he looked through the files. He glanced back at you, "I'm just surprised, is all."

"I've been distracted. I have it scheduled." You spoke sternly, wanting the conversation to be over. You heard the shelf close, Parker looking at you. "Why are you surprised?"

"You are a person who doesn't let things leave you with questions. If you have a goal or want something, you get it." Nodding you pressed your lips together, he looked away, picking up the file, "How is your distraction?"

"Anything work-related?" You crossed your arms across your chest, Parker turning his body to face you. You didn't want to think of Charlie right now, afraid of the tears that never came to run down your cheeks.

"I deserve that. I am just looking out for you, is all." He took that literally, you thought to yourself. "But thanks for helping. Have a good day," Walking away, he smiled at you, stopping to turn his body, "Zoe has some files from me that I need you to finish. Heads up, there are plenty. Thanks"

Working with him was going to be hell.

Sitting at your desk, you thought of what Parker said. Getting an alert from your phone, it was a reminder to see Charlie's rehearsal. You tapped your finger on the desk. Should you go?

You looked at the time, his class was in thirty minutes. What if he was expecting you there? What if he wasn't?

--

Sneaking into the auditorium's back row, you eyed the stage, seeing young students conversating with each other. The lights were off where you were, so no one was going to be able to see you. Should you leave?