Unresponsive

Taking a sip of your coffee, your mouth traced the opening of the cup. Again? Or was this normal? To be honest, you never had a casual something with someone. But Charlie read your message a week ago, what were you supposed to do? Leaving you to yourself after cooking you dinner and cuddling with you. You weren't going to lie. You thought about him way too much for your comfort.

" Hello? Your mind is not here with me, and that is not helpful. What do you think?" Hunter spoke, holding up a lingerie set. " Let me guess you are thinking of Charlie?"

" Yes, get that," you spoke quietly, picking a purple lingerie set up from the rack and looking at it yourself, " Have you had a casual relationship?"

Taking the set, she held onto it, " I've had plenty." Walking away, she left you there standing.

" And?"

" And what? I'm single, so there is your answer." You bit your lip, maybe you were expecting too much, or you read this wrong. " And I just realized that I am a bitch. Sorry, look, it's different for everyone, but if you have a problem with Charlie, talk to him," she held up the set you were looking at, " or not."

" He confuses me. Most days, we laugh, talk, cuddle. Then we fuck. Most guys just choose one. Either they fuck you and let you be, or they talk to you, laugh with you, and that's it. Unless there is a relationship. I really don't know. I'm new at this."

" Hmm, it sounds like you need to talk to him. At this point, some things need to be communicated. Especially with Parker back, who knows what could happen."

She was right, Parker had left you space, but it was only a matter of time before something happened, but what if it didn't. What if he actually changed. What if? You wanted to never think of the thoughts that rose up.

You saw her give the cashier her card, but it looked familiar, " What? Enough about me, is that Max's card?"

" Yeah, he owned me lunch, which would have still been the same price." She looked away. You weren't born yesterday, so you let it be. " Do you?"

You exhaled, biting your cheek, " I think I do, but I don't want to ruin what is there. What if I say something, and he completely ignores me."

" Like what he doing right now? And sex didn't already ruin it. It sort of changes it. You can't help it." Walking out of the store, which was down the block from the office, you both strolled. " I should probably give you this. Keep it. For yourself to feel sexy, or for Charlie if it all succeeds."

Grabbing the small bag with the lingerie, " Succeed?"

She stopped walking, pushing her curly hair back, "You are going to talk to him, right? Oh, I thought you were, from your tone of voice." Reaching your car, you both leaned on the hood of the car, soaking in the sun. California was warm, even if it was so close to Halloween. Hunter grabbing a mirror and putting on red lipstick.

" What do I say?" You broke the silence, hearing a Porsche park next to you, the door opening, seeing Parker with his ray ban sunglasses, and his expensive suit. It must be fun to have a father who has a successful law firm.

" Ladies, soaking in the sun, huh?" He reached into his car, putting on his suit jacket. You weren't going to lie. He looked more muscular since you last saw him. You shook your head, pushing away any thoughts.

" You should try it sometime, in another state," Hunter whispered.

" What did you say?" He took off his sunglasses, eyeing you. " Hi, how are you?"