Chapter-26: Can You Burn Grill Cheese?

"Really? Are you kidding me?" I ask baffled to the apartment manager or whatever it is called

"Really? Are you kidding me?" I ask baffled to the apartment manager or whatever it is called. I am sure my eyes are out of my socket after listening to what he said. After dropping Julia at the airport, I came back to the apartment. Each apartment is given one parking space, which is already occupied by Wyatt's car. So, now I had to figure out a space for my car.

"Sorry darling but I am not. If you need another parking space in addition, the rent is $500 per month. You can pay that or leave your car outside the apartment," he says, scrolling through his phone looking bored.

"But that's too much."

"You can afford that car but can't pay for the rental. You know what, I have work to do. You can park your car today in any empty parking space and think about the rental for the night. Tomorrow either you pay up for rental or park your car outside," with that he shut the door on my face. Seriously!

"Yeah, work to do. More like scroll through Instagram," I mutter.

"I need a coffee," I say putting the keys on the table and sprawl on the couch as soon as I enter into the apartment.

"What happened? I will make a cup," Wyatt says standing up from the table where he was working on the laptop, "But the dinner is on you," he shouts, disappearing into the kitchen.

"Fine," I say. My eyes fall on the bags that I brought with me and I groan loudly slamming my face in the cushion.

"What happened now?" He yells from the kitchen.

"I have this work I need to finish also or Gaby will kick me out. It's a Boho decor piece," I say and put the bags on the table.

"It's called work," he laughs , "I was also working on an article too," he adds.

"I will go get changed quick," I say.

I quickly change into comfy pyjamas and a loose t-shirt. I walk out of the room while I am tying my hair in a ponytail. At the same time, Wyatt puts the hot steaming coffee mugs on the table.

"Just in time, otherwise it would have got cold," he says, taking a sip of his coffee. His eyes goes over to the laptop screen before they focus back on me.

"So, did you and Julia had fun time? You dropped her on the airport?" He asks.

"Yeah. I left after she boarded the plane," I tell him. I sit beside him lifting my legs on the chair and pulling them close. It gives me a sense of comfort, I don't why. I lift the coffee and take a sip. The warmth feeling my inside as I lay my head back.

"By the way," I say and turn towards him, "I got a car," I tell him not able to contain my happiness as I let out a small squeal.

"Wow, that's great."

"Yes it is. Although it's a gift but anyways its my own freaking car. I was getting tired with the cab trips, to be honest," I tell him and he laughs.

"So about the parking," I say, " I talked to that guy you told me about."

"Danny," he reminds me.

"Yeah, same guy. He told me that one apartment gets one parking and for another parking, I would have to pay $500 extra before he rudely shut the door on my face," at which he laughs.

"Shut up!" I glare at him, "As I was saying, $500. I was thinking since technically we are sharing the apartment and all the bills have to be split. We should split this too. It wouldn't be fair if you get a free parking and I have to pay for it. We never discussed about this. So?" I wait for him to speak something.

"Yeah sure... That's only fair," he shrugs his shoulders and I slump back in my chair, drinking another sip of the coffee.

"Were you worried about it? Like did you think I would make you pay that alone?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I didn't think much," I say giving him a sheepish smile.

"I would never do that. Relax!" He lightly bumps his shoulder with mine before saying, "I am starving. Come on, you have to make dinner."

I just roll my eyes at that before making my way into the kitchen and yell, "But I will just make instant ramen."

"And grilled chesse."

"Fine!" I grumble.

************************

"I can't believe you burnt grilled cheese," Wyatt says, putting the sandwich on the pan to grill.

"Can you stop pointing it out now. It's literally the fifth time in last two minutes," I say, putting the noodles in boiling water, "I just wanted to grill it perfectly so the cheese is well melted."

"Yeah... Grilled it to the point that it burned," he laughs and I punch him on the shoulder lightly.

"What article are you working on?" I ask Wyatt, setting up the table.

"I will let you read it once I am finished," he says, shutting down his laptop screen before I can take a sneak-peak and I pout in disappointment.

"When will I get to read?" I ask, clearly more interested now due to the secret.

"Tomorrow probably. Now, let's just eat," he rubs his hand together in excitement and picks up his grill cheese before he devours it fully, "Mhhmmm, this is good. Try it!" He says with his mouth full making me laugh.

*************************************

"No! You bring these pieces of yarn here and that ones go to the opposite side," I tell Wyatt for the sixth time.

"This is such a ridiculous work," he puts the loop and the thread back on table before stretching his arms. He offered me to help me with the pieces that Gaby asked me to make. For the last twenty minutes, he has been struggling with the directions.

"It's fine. You don't have to do it anyway. It's not your job. I guess, you better work on your article, so that I get to read it," I say while tying the threads on the loop. This will take a while to be done. I look at the clock to see its ten already and only one-fifth of the work is done.

"I will be in my room while you can work here.  Watch whatever you like," he says handing me the remote and I smile in return.

"Good night," he says, before retiring to his room with his laptop.

Going through the rom-com playlist, I settle on watching 'How to lose a guy in 10 days' and continue tying knots of thread on the loop.