Chapter-4: Plan An Alien Invasion!

"You have been staring at your phone all this morning," Grace says, peeking over

"Yeah, Ella. We have to be working together, not checking our phones," Ryan adds, playing with the pen between his fingers. I look up from my screen to stare at him.

"Ella?" I ask him, surprised by the nickname he gave me.

"Yeah! You don't like it?" He asks me, scratching the back of his head.

"I have always had people call me Ari. This is just..." I trail off, looking for a word to fill the blank, "Something new." 

"Oh! Your name is Ariella. You know Ari+Ella. I just like the sound of Ella more than Ari. Ari just reminds me of Ariana Grande. And I just don't like her," He makes a gagging face. 

"Don't you dare say that," Me and Grace both defend Ariana at the same time.

"That woman is practically goddess," Grace tells him.

"Do you even know how far she came? I used to watch her in Nickelodeon back when I was a kid in a show called Victorious. I always thought she had a great voice. So don't say that," I tell him propping my hands on the table.

Ryan holds his hand up in defence making Asher laugh.

"Let's just get the work done," He says.

We four have been assigned to look for good decor items and rugs for Mr. Holder's office online. We then have to report to Morgan with the list by evening.

"But Ella hasn't told me what is making her look at her phone all day. Is your boyfriend texting you 'Miss you' messages?" Ryan wiggles his eyebrows, making me laugh at his childish behaviour.

"First, I don't have a boyfriend. Second, I am trying to find a place to live. I texted some of my friends from the college to see if they could help. But no luck!" I groan in frustration.

"So that means I can flirt with you! Right? You know because you are single," Ryan says, adjusting his hair making  Asher hit the back of his head.

"Shut up dude!" He says.

"That's the only part you caught on. Gross!" Grace scrunches her nose while Ryan just shrugs.

"Well, I know somebody," She adds. My ears perking up to her words, catching attention.

"Really?" I ask. I should have asked them if they could help me. How stupid of me!