Chapter-12: Milk Ocean, Barren Countertops and Grinding my colleague!

I vigorously slam my hand on the poor alarm clock which won't shut the fuck up! Sitting upright on the bed, I rub my eyes trying to get out of my sleep slumber

I vigorously slam my hand on the poor alarm clock which won't shut the fuck up! Sitting upright on the bed, I rub my eyes trying to get out of my sleep slumber. I had been up late, working on the drawing layouts and planning out some ideas.

My phone buzzes on the side table and I pick it up.

'Wear something sexy. Bring your makeup. We are going to go for drinks!' - Grace.

Right now, waking up is a hard enough task for me and she wants me to dress up. How Wonderful! I throw the covers realising that if I don't get up now, I would probably end up getting late.

I take out the black backless dress that I remembered hanging at the back. I stare at it, not sure if I should wear it or not. People would probably stare at me when I walk into the office. Or maybe not! Let's hope for the best.

I zip the back of my dress before looking at myself in the mirror. It stops a little above my knees and since it's a halter neck, it isn't showing my cleavage. I take out my nude stilettos and throw my hair into a messy bun. After applying a tinted moisturizer and some lip balm, I put other makeup stuff in my bag.

I collect all my papers and put them in the file. I also grab some of my pencils and colours, in case I get some ideas or need to change something.

I look at the time and see that I can still have breakfast, so I make my way to the kitchen. I see Wyatt dressed in a black jeans and white buttoned down shirt. He is pouring cereal into his bowl while simultaneously scrolling through his phone. Some of the fruit loops ending up on the counter.

"Your cereal needs your attention so that they can swim in their ocean of milk instead of landing on the barren countertop," I say taking out a bowl for myself.

"That is a very cleverly created analogy. I must say," He says, still not looking up from his phone.

"Thank you. Can you pass the milk?"

He puts the cereal box down on the counter and hands me the milk. After typing something on his phone, he puts it in his pocket. He looks up at me, his eyes moving up and down my body and stopping to look at the back of my dress.

"Aren't you going to your office?"

"I am. We have planned to go for drinks after that. So, Grace asked me to dress up," I say shoving the cereal in my mouth.

"Is it too much? I mean, will people stare at me because I would look odd at the office?" I look at him, waiting for his reply.

"You can put a jacket on, if you want," He suggests.

"That would be a good idea. Thank you," I resume eating my cereal. None of us were talking about the weird moment we had yesterday. I could feel Wyatt's gaze flickering on me once in a while during the whole breakfast.

"See you in the evening," I say standing up from the stool.

"Hey, what about these bowls?" He narrows his eyes at me.