Chapter-17: I am not telepathic!

"Wyatt

"Wyatt. Look what I got," I yell entering into the apartment.

There is an eerie silence in the apartment and it makes my inside turn. I place the bags on the table looking around.

"Wyatt! Are you in here?" I ask knocking on his door.

"I need to be left alone. Could you do that please?" I hear his rasping voice from the other side of the door.

"Yeah," I reply walking away.

After changing clothes and having a shower, I decide to do some work but my stupid mind keeps wandering back to the kiss.

I don't know what it means now? Was it just a moment or will it turn out to be more? Will it change things? 

I close the folder frustrated that I am not able to concentrate. Stupid boy and his stupid kiss!

*******

As I am pouring the cereal in my bowl, I can't help but wonder where Wyatt is. He is usually up by now and moving around the house like crazy.

"Wyatt! You are going to be late," I knock loud on his door.

"I am working from home today," he tells me, opening the door. 

My eyes roam around his room through the small opening of the door. His room looks like it was hit by a storm with glass pieces laying shattered on the floor.

"Is everything alright?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says through gritted teeths, "You will be late," he says trying to end the conversation. 

"Yes. I am just leaving after I finish my cereal." I say, taking the hint that he doesn't want to talk.

Walking through the streets, I reach the office.  I greet people on my way to my desk while balancing my coffee in my other hand. 

"Hey!" I greet Grace, sitting across from her on my desk. 

"Hey! Connor told me that Wyatt took you home on Friday," she says, wiggling her eyebrows.

"There is nothing to wiggle eyebrows about. I don't even remember what happened after we left the club," I say, checking my phone or mail for any notification.

"You are such a buzzkill," she huffs, settling down on her chair.

I start working on planning the layout for the guest room when Asher walks in along with Ryan on his side. As he settles into his desk, I can't help but glance at him.

"Hey! Ariella. How is the work going?" He asks me, "We have to present everything to Gaby tomorrow." I nod in response, focussing my eyes on the screen.

The time flies by quickly with me planning design ideas and consulting with other departments. I would keep looking over to Asher and at some moments, I would find him doing the same.