Chapter-25: Will I Really Know ?

"I am sorry Julia for being late," I say, settling on the chair infront of her, "the traffic was pretty bad

"I am sorry Julia for being late," I say, settling on the chair infront of her, "the traffic was pretty bad."

"Don't worry. Let's eat and then we have to be somewhere," she says and calls someone to place our order.

"Where?"

"Just somewhere! Now, what would you like to eat?" She says, trying to divert the question.

During the whole lunch, I kept pressing her to tell me where is she taking me but she ignored my question like I was invisible to her.

"Atleast give me a hint!" I say, trying my luck again in the cab.

"God, Ari! I have lost the count of how manny times you have asked me this. We are just ten minutes away," she says and gives direction to the the driver.

"Are you kidding me?" I ask her, when the cabs pull off at the destination.

"Absolutely not! This is your early birthday gift from your dad and I. He was pretty upset about you having to hire a cab everyday. So, he purchased it online and did all the formalities. We just have to collect the keys," she tells me as we enter into a car showroom. I am in awe of all the shiny cars around me.

"I can't believe he did that. I asked him for a car all through my college," I say.

"He wanted to be sure of your driving skills," she laughs lightly.

"That was only one time!" I huff, understanding what she was thinking.

"Yeah! Trying to drive your dad's Tesla and then hitting it on a pole. It's definitely that someone shouldn't remember," she laughs loudly making me roll my eyes.

"You wait here and I will just talk to the manager," Julia says before heading towards the office.

My phone pings with the notification bell and I take it out to see Asher's message.

Working alone sucks!

It didn't suck when you were doing interesting stuff with Bruce.

Yeah! It was amazing. Atleast better than watching stuff unload from a delivery truck.

Well, I had a fun day! Gaby's workshop is a paradise.

An angel as you, makes everywhere a paradise where she goes!

That's too much of cheese to handle.

But you can't deny that you like it.

I smile at his stupid text. I see Julia getting out of the office, so I quickly send him text.

Only on food please. Gtg!! Later.

I put the phone back in my bag without looking at his texts. Julia smiles at me, holding a car key infront of her face and jingling them.

"Happy Birthday Ari! From Dad and I," she hands me the keys and I let out a squeal of excitement.

"Oh my gosh! Finally," I hug her so tightly that I fear I might have choked her to death.

"Want to go for a drive?" She wiggles her eyebrow and I nod quickly.

*************

The flowing breeze makes my hair fly in all direction. The cold salty air make me shudder and I bring the arms close to my body.

"I can't believe I have never been here," I tell Julia, "how do you know about this place?"

"I met my first husband here. I was out with my friends on a vacation. There was a bonfire and he sat right there," she points to place near the shore, "with a guitar in his hand, singing 'Funny Valentine'. Every girl was wooing over him while I was busy taking photos. He approached me asking if I didn't like the song as others did."

"What did you say?" I ask.

"That I wasn't paying attention to you," she chuckles, making me laugh.

"Always the one with sass."

"I mean look at this view. This is far better than any boy," she says and wrap her hand around my shoulder.

"Do you miss him?" I ask. Her husband died within the two years of their marriage and she suffered a miscarriage after his death. Life was tough but she fought. She made through everything, that's why I admire her so much.

"Ofcourse, I do," she looks at me in the eyes, "but that doesn't make me love your father any less. He is an amazing person and I am so glad that I found him. And two amazing daughters," she smiles.

"How did you know?"

"Know what?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"That he is the right guy. That it is love," I ask her. My mind going back to the day when Asher and I kissed.

"You will know."

"That's a very vague answer," I say.

"But it's not." She looks back at the sea and close her eyes. I can see a tear roll down her cheek. I wrap my arms around her and give her a comforting hug.

My phone beeps and there are messages. From Asher and Wyatt both. Will I really know?

 Will I really know?