Chapter-8: 'Hot Flatmate Situation'

"How do you even forget that?" Wyatt asks me in an amused tone leaning on the door

"I remembered about it in the morning but it slipped my mind," I purse my lips lightly. 

So, the thing is that I forgot my bed doesn't have a mattress. Now I only have a solid hard bed to sleep. My back is going to hurt so bad and I could probably wake up with a back paralysis. Well, that was exaggerating but still!

"I told you about it. Connor took the mattress with him when he moved it. He bought it by himself," He says reminding me.

"Yeah! I remember. I put a reminder on my phone. But I slept on my way back. I guess I will have to sleep on this solid bed only," I say.

"What time is it?" Wyatt asks me.

"7:40 p.m," I tell him, looking at my watch.

"Let's get you a mattress so you can sleep. Let's go," He says in a matter of fact tone.

"Really!" I ask him incredulously.

"Yeah! Come on. We are going to be living together for eight months. I help you, you help me. That's how this goes," He says.

"Thank you!" I say picking up my bag quickly.

Wyatt picks up his car keys and I lock the door behind.

"This is from where I bought mine," He says, parking his car in front of a store. 

I have been to this store multiple times when I was in college. I know every shelf and aisle. It is one of the most known stores for furniture and interior design stuff.

"Mattresses are that way, I guess," He says walking ahead of me. As if I don't know!

When we reach the section, I start seeing all the options, looking at the material, springs, sponge etc.

"What are you doing?" Wyatt asks me, looking confused.

"Reading the labels and checking which one is the best."

"You don't buy a mattress like that," He says and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Really!" I cross my arms in front of me and continue, "I am an interior designing intern. I think otherwise. You have to look at the type of spring and the materials," but my words were cut as he drops himself on one of the mattresses, kept outside for display.

"Shut up!" He waves his hand in the air, "This is how you check for the mattress. This one is not at all comfortable,"  he says sitting and bouncing on it.

"What are you doing? We will get kicked out," I say to him in a hushed tone.

"So what? We will go to another one. There are plenty of shops in LA. Come on! Try this one. It is quite comfortable," He says, patting the space next to him.