Chapter- 13: I got myself soaking wet!

'You need to calm down

'You need to calm down. You are being too loud.'  The sound of my phone hits my poor ears and I groan loudly. Yeah! You really are being too loud.

Who calls so fucking early! I stretch my hand out in the direction of the sound, not bothering to open my eyes. 

"Hello," I press the phone close to my ear.

"Hello to you too, my dear sister!" Chloe's voice boom from the other side.

"Why are you calling so early? I was sleeping," I groan.

"If I am not wrong, which I am not. It's 12:30p.m in LA. You know as in noon. What are you doing sleeping still?"

"WHAT!" As the word got out of mouth, I hear a groan beside me. My eyes shoot open and I look around, seeing Wyatt lying next to me.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" My eyes taking in the surrounding, realising we are sprawled on the living room floor.

"What happened?" Chloe asks me.

"Nothing. Why would anything happen! Everything is absolutely okay," I quickly rush inside my room, closing the door behind.

"There is definitely something. I have known you for twenty-one years of my life. They way you are talking to me right now, I can absolutely tell that you are lying." 

"Fine. You are right," I say accepting my defeat as I fall back on my bed.

"That I know. So what have you done?"

"I might have gotten too drunk to remember anything. And I found myself on the living room floor next to my flatmate," My head hurts from the adventure last night and this conversation is making it worse.

"So what! She is your flatmate. It's not you ended up in the guy's bed naked," She scoffs not knowing the gravity of the situation.

"About that!" I say slowly, "First, my flatmate is a 'he' rather than a 'she'. Second, I am not naked but I might be in his T-shirt," I tell her.

"Wait, but dad told me you were living with some girl from your office."

"I might have lied to dad. I didn't want him to worry."

"Chloe! My head hurts. I haven't been this drunk for a long time. I don't even remember anything," I clutch my throbbing forehead in my palms, rubbing the temples trying to ease the pain.

"Take some aspirin and a good bath. Also, eat something. It would help you," She advises me, "I will talk later. I have to make a lot of food for the family brunch." 

"Fine. Miss you, sis!" I tell her. My mind remembering all the times she used to take care of me.

"Me too, Ari! Me too. Remember, I am just a call away," She says.

"I know. Now, go. Bye," I cut the call before it could get any more emotional. I try to remember what happened in the night, putting pressure on that grey matter of my useless brain.