Chapter-14: Bleeding Bras and Daddy's Princess!

I start reading the instructions on the label

I start reading the instructions on the label. This is something I can easily mess up. I look around to observe other people doing it comfortably without any struggle. There is little kid who would probably be half my age and he even fucking know how to operate this thing. I feel such a fucking loser, now.

"Hey! Why are you looking at me?" The kid finally turns around to ask me. He must have caught me staring.

"Um.... I wasn't," I lie, focusing my attention on the instruction.

"Are you planning to kidnap me? Because let me tell you, you won't get enough ransom," He says folding his arms.

"Wait, What! Do I look like a kidnapper to you?" I question him incredulously. Some people turn to stare at us weirdly.

"Well! If you ask me, nobody looks like a criminal."

"Don't you have a big mouth for a ten year old! Besides, I was just watching you to see how to run this thing."

"First of all." He points a finger at me before continuing, "I am twelve. And second, aren't you too old enough to not know how to operate a washing machine."

"I just.. I haven't used a coin washing machine before," I say not looking at him. This is beyond embarrassing.

"Hey! Ariella." I turn around at a familiar voice.

"Asher. What are you doing here?"

"I was just at the nearby grocery store. I saw you from the window. What are you doing?"

"Your girlfriend doesn't know how to wash clothes," The annoying little boy says, making me stare at him.

"We are not dating buddy," Asher says motioning between us.

"Good for you," He says, making Asher laugh at his words.

"Why don't you go get yourself some chocolate!" I take out some money from my pocket and hand it to him.

"I am not six. But I will take the money anyway. See you never!" He waves to me and takes out his clothes from the machine before walking aways.

"He was one of a kind," Asher says, still laughing.

"Shut up!" I mutter.

"Let me help you. Put your clothes in there and close it properly. We will choose the setting from here and then the temperature of water," He presses the button on the machine and I watch him carefully to learn.