Periwinkle (By Rarity)

Ahh yes! I said to myself. That colour will look fantastic on this dress! Just stitch this here.... Fasten that there....

"Perfect!" I said aloud. Ugh. Nope. Not perfect.
"It needs something!" I think out loud. My apologies. I am Rarity. I am the owner of Ponyville's favorite boutique, the Carousel Boutique! I make and sell clothes to all the residents of Ponyville. Anyway..

I am stitching together this dress for princess Luna. It has to be perfect. The dress is white with silver trim. It needs something. Ding! Ding! The chime at the door sang. Pinkie Pie bounced in.

"Hi hi! Rarity!" She keeps bouncing. Why does she always do that? Worst of all, she is holding a cup of a bluish drink. I pin another layer of fabric to the dress.

"Oh yes. Hello Pinkie." I say, slightly annoyed. She bounces over to the dress.

"Pretty dress!" She exclaims.

"Tha-" I start.

"Who's it for?" She asks, still bouncing.

"Princess Luna." I tell her.

"Princess Luna!!!" She bounces. She bounces higher. Splat. The contents of the cup sloshed up, and out. All over the second layer of fabric. The expensive silk. That was my last piece. I want to cry. I have worked so hard on this dress! Pinkie finally stops bouncing. There are tears in her eyes. I can tell she feels bad, but I am mad. She ruined this dress! The blue stain is spreading. Almost the whole second layer is blue.

Pinkie walked out the door. I hung the closed sign on the door. I closed the shutters. I locked the doors. I turned out the lights. I sobbed. I sat, on the floor, in the middle of my boutique and I sobbed. Luna's dress was ruined. The whole sheet of expensive fabric was bluish purple. The colour was actually very pretty. It was periwinkle. I looked at the dress again. It was pretty. It had two layers. The lower one white, the upper one periwinkle. Luna would love this dress. I finally found the perfect "extra" for her dress. "Thank you Pinkie!" I shouted. She yelled back "your welcome!"

Sometimes great things can come from accidents. Thank you pinkie.

-Rarity