Her Nightmare (RainbowBug14's OC)

I stepped out of my room onto the balcony, overlooking my sandy kingdom. I smiled. The fillies and colts were all running from door to door collecting treats, because it is Nightmare Night. When my mother was Princess of Sunshine Kingdom, and I was just a filly, I asked her, "Mama, why is it called Nightmare Night, if we have fun and eat treats?" She told me a story. "Many years ago, before the Sunshine Kingdom and the Ice Empire were made, I was in love with a pony. His name was King Icedust. He loved me as well. He ruled the cold. I ruled the heat. We got married, and had you, my little Southerntear, and your sister, Northerntear. We could not stay together here in this land, so we decided, when you grow up, you will rule the heat, your sister the cold. We will leave." Years after she told me that, he came to get mother so they could go. When he came in the castle, he melted into a pool of water. Mother and I ate away our sorrows with candy. (:3) That is why fillies and colts feast on candy on Nightmare Night. It was the day my mothers nightmare happened. Now we treat it as a lesson. Beach ponies and ice ponies don't cross each others borders. That is my story of Nightmare Night.

-Princess Southerntear

*RainbowBug14's OC