𝟑𝟖 | fighting back

𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒏 𝒊'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈

_______

WHEN MAY FERNSBY AND HER SMALL GROUP REALIZED THEIR ATTEMPT TO STOP ALIE HAD FAILED, they escaped into the tunnels and didn't look back. there was nothing they could do, and stayed in the tunnels for days trying to map out a way to escape, and when they were about to make their run for it, something else had occurred.

their friends, with whatever mentality they had, had come to polis, and were now captured by the controlled guards. and they knew they had to save them, or at least try.

so that's what they did.

pike and may laid crouched down in the shadows, ready to pop out at the right time and eliminate the enemy. her grip on the gun tightened from anxiety, she should've had indra take her spot, but there was no time to switch out.

"i'm proud of you, maybella." pike whispered to her, turning his head in the seventeen year olds direction, "just five months ago you were just this quiet, innocent girl in my class who offered octavia a seat next to you. always kind, and compassionate."

hearing those words from pike, had actually may realize how much she actually had changed. she always hesitated to take action, and sometimes let other people make the hard decisions so it wouldn't be on her. but now, she knows she has to kill without hesitation, because her life would depend on it.

with her shoulder still sore and her anemia making her more tired by the hour, may just shrugged, "yeah well, you can minus the innocent part. i lost that title a long time ago."

when the short conversation died down, may watched as murphy emerged out of the darkness, and into the light where he could be clearly seen, "if i were you i'd hit the deck."

confused, one guard shone his light on the boy, revealing him. with this, may tensed up, she knew her time was now, and she couldn't hesitate like she used to months ago.

"murphy?" bellamy thought aloud, before his mind came to a quick conclusion, "everyone hit the ground!"

with that, may fernsby shot up and stood next to murphy, and pike on the other side. together, the two rapidly fired bullets at the guards with no hesitation, watching as they fell to the ground, multiple bullets piercing their body.

realizing that there wasn't a single enemy left, may retracted her weapon, letting her breaths become small, and panicked. never in her life did she think she would have to murder people without question, or because you were doing it for a good cause. she thought she was going to be safe on the ark for the rest of her life—boy was she wrong.