𝟑𝟕 | her lifesaver

𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒓

_______

OVERNIGHT IN THE HOLDING CELLS WAS ONE of the most miserable things maybella fernsby had experienced in her seventeen years of life. her shoulder still throbbed with pain, her wrists were bruised from the cuffs tight around her wrists, she was starving, and she was freezing from the cold. but she at least had nini to hold and keep each other warm.

and the two still did, not ever wanting to let go while they were slowly rotting in this hell hole, hoping, just hoping to get out.

both of the two had their heads resting on each other's, listening to indra and one of her people exchange words with each other. the older woman was trying to free her people first now that she had gotten out, and was insistent she get them free before anyone else.

"running is not a plan." indra stated to the trikru girl, continuing to try and cut her loose.

"it's not running." murphy spoke up matter of factly, "it's surviving."

"for how long?" indra questioned, "the threat will find us all eventually."

"it'll take you days before you could even get a few of us in here free of the cuffs." may told indra tiredly, knowing she had been up nearly all night, "it's as good as it'll get."

indra didn't have any time to reply, as a weakened pike had spoken up from the back, "the boy is right. we regroup and come back stronger, it's a legitimate battle strategy."

we? may questioned to herself, wanting to laugh. she of all people were not fit to fight a battle, especially since the enemies were people who couldn't feel pain and would not stop for their cause. and pike as well, the cuts all over him would no doubt get infected, and needed to be taken care of soon.

"i have a better one." indra suggested as she continued to pry at the girl's chains, "kill their leader, jaha."

murphy looked over at the woman, laughed to himself and sat back down, "now that's a strategy i could support. unfortunately, he's not their leader, though. he's being controlled, just like everyone else by that.." suddenly, he stopped rambling, and went quiet.

along with indra and pike, may looked at him questionably, her eyes furrowed with confusion.

"what?" may asked him, wanting him to finish his sentence.

murphy took in a breath, "nothing." he replied to the girl he loved, making eye contact with her, "never mind. just—forget it."