𝟓𝟐 | six years later

𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐, 𝒎𝒐𝒎?∘◦ ✾ ◦∘_______ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘

𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐, 𝒎𝒐𝒎?
_______

"one day, may fernsby, you'll be the strongest survivor out there." krystal ashbrook assured the seventeen year old girl, who laid beside her in their tent, "one day you'll be the greatest doctor on the damn planet. i'll make sure of it."

maybella fernsby laid next to the blonde, suffering from anemic symptoms. her joints had flared up with pain, causing her to be practically bed ridden as it was hard trying to even sit up at most. "you sure about that?"

krystal nodded, trying her hardest to distract her best friend from her pain, "oh, i'm sure of it."

INSTEAD, neither of them knew what would be in stock for maybella fernsby's future, because right now, she was just a twenty four year old woman, who hadn't performed a surgery in many years. but it's not like it could be any worse than the others in the bunker, as they had it worse not having a view to look at when things got rough.

it had been six years since maybella fernsby said goodbye to her friends in the bunker, six years since she heard any of their voices, voices she missed, and longed to hear again, especially abby's. now, there were the seven same voices she knew, voices she could never get tired of.

"mom!" nini fernsby called for may, making her way into their bathroom that was unfortunately not very functional. but it's where the twenty-four year old went after washing herself up, to sometimes just stare at herself in the mirror.

may turned to her twelve year old daughter, and smiled at the sight of seeing her face, "yes, my little bug?"

"soup will be on soon, i was just helping monty prepare it." nini mentioned to may, a smile growing on her face. ever since may had found her, nini cherished the bond and love they shared constantly.

even nini began to pick up some new hobbies, she liked learning mechanical things with raven and emori, as she had a dream of being a mechanic when she was older. so for the last two years, raven had been giving her lessons, as well as may, but the mother mostly stayed with harper and monty, having the man teach her some of his own knowledge.

may nodded at nini, "okay, let me get dressed, and i'll meet you out there?"

nini smiled, "sounds like a plan, man." she replied, trying to rhyme her response but realizing how stupid she sounded anyways.

may couldn't help but giggle, and ruffled up her child's hair, "i love you, my goufa." she expressed to her daughter, goufa being child in trigedasleng.