𝟏𝟒 | beneath the dropship

𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆?∘◦ ✾ ◦∘_______ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘

_______

WHEN MAY FERNSBY PEELED OPEN HER ENCRUSTEF EYELIDS SHE THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A DREAM, but when she felt her horrible headache, and her entire body feeling as if it were on fire, she knew it wasn't. she couldn't believe it, she was still alive.

with a muffled groan she rolled over, her stomach flat against the cold floors of underneath the dropship. may blinked numerous times, and eventually regained her vision. she scanned everything in her eyesight, she was near torn down wires, and the ladder was right in front of her.

may broke down into a muted sob at how bad the pain was all over body, she didn't understand it, and how she was still alive. she saw the sunlight peering in from up above, meaning it wasn't night anymore, around the time she passed out. she pieced it together quickly with her scrambled brain, she must've been past out for hours, but that confused her more, why was she still alive? but that didn't really concern her now, she had to see what happened, and why it was so quiet.

she stretched her pale hand forwards and grabbed ahold of the metal ladder, which helped herself to stand. she leaned against the ladder for support, her being able to stand didn't last long before her knees felt like snapping. may looked down at herself, the hem of her grey t-shirt was torn and spattered with blood, which confused her, where the hell did that come from?

 may looked down at herself, the hem of her grey t-shirt was torn and spattered with blood, which confused her, where the hell did that come from?

then she let her soft fingers touch her forehead, she felt the dried blood all over her face, and crusted off every time she moved a face muscle. may knew she fell into the hatch and hit her head, so that's where it had to have come from.

may shook off her thoughts and pushed herself off of the ladder, and grabbed ahold of the metal bars, ready to climb. her muscles ached horribly each time she pulled herself up, but she knew she had to, she had to get up, and see what had happened.

when may reached the middle of the ladder she was already exhausted, and that made her break down into another sob, only it wasn't muffled this time. she wanted to give up, just let go of the bars and fall back onto the floor again, and have the pain consume her consciousness.

"who's there?" a familiar male voice called out, and her head perked up instantly, she knew that voice, and didn't expect to hear it ever again. "hello?" she croaked out with everything she had, the tears continuing to trickle down her face.

a pair of heavy footsteps were heard from up above, but stopped abruptly when they reached the hatch. she used her head and looked up, meeting the face she never expected to see again, john murphy's. his hair was knotted, bloodied scars covered his face, and eyes were wide at the sight of the girl in front of him.

"may!" he called out in shock, not a single piece of hesitation in his veins as he reached down and grabbed her bony arms. she screamed in pain as he had to use force to pull her out, which sent guilt surging through his heart that he was unintentionally hurting her.

murphy managed to gently pull her out as best he could and sat her on the floor next to raven, where she was able to take a small breath. he crouched in front of her, watching as she struggled to take breaths from her weak lungs. he couldn't believe it, he thought she disappeared like the others, but here she was, and it didn't stop his concern for her.

the girl looked as if she were deteriorating, may's hair was greasy and her hair band was tied into her knotted streaks of ombré hair. her pale complexion made the rings under her hazel eyes look darker, her skin felt like paper and her dry lips were tinted blue. "how are you not dead?" murphy wondered aloud, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

may weakly shook her head, it felt like some dream that he was in front of her again, this was the third time she expected to never see him after the things he's pulled, but here he was, again. "are you really here?" she murmured in confusion, her eardrums pounding from her piercing headache.

"may? is that you?"

the girl looked to her right, seeing the girl in a familiar red jacket laying on her side, a rifle laying by her. "raven?" may breathed out, using all the hurting muscles she could to crawl over to her. she knew there were still so many unanswered questions on what happened after she passed out, but someone was wounded, and she knew it was her duty to care for that person.

she softly grabbed the injured girl's head and laid it on her lap in a way of comfort, she was alive, at least one of her friends were still breathing, but she didn't know for how long, she remembered raven was still shot. "you're still here?" the latina queried with a frail tone, looking up at the girl peering down at her. may nodded, "and so are you, that's good enough."

may picked up her head, and met eyes with john, who was still in a crouching position from where she last was before she heard raven's voice. when she saw that smile tug at his chapped lips, she knew it wasn't a dream, murphy was here, again, but knowing him, how long would that be?

none of them knew what to say to each other, now that murphy was aware may figured out he saved her life back on the ark, and both knew something was going on between them, they just didn't know what to say.

it hit may like a ton of hard bricks out of nowhere, the room was spinning in her eyesight, and by how weak she was she let her slumped muscles have her fall back onto the metal box that kept her propped up. and just like that, she was out passed out, again.

-
AUTHOR'S NOTE
ayeee bbg is alive🥺

(gif is of may when she wakes up)