𝟐𝟗 | a new threat

𝒊'𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

_______

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK SINCE ABBY MADE THE DECISION TO MOVE SOME OF THE SKY PEOPLE INTO MOUNT WEATHER, specifically farm station, the one that charles pike went to earth with. when may heard the news that charles pike, her earth skills teacher had made it she found it hard to believe until he walked through the front gates of arkadia.

if there was one thing may felt about pike, is that she disliked him. may was fond of him throughout the two weeks of him teaching earth skills until the very last day, where he decided to start strangling murphy to prove a point he had. and after that may never found out what his point was for attacking murphy, and she hadn't thought about it until now.

may hadn't really listened to what he had said after attacking murphy from being so startled by the abrupt violence the teacher had started, also, she was helping murphy to survey his injuries. even though at the time she had no idea who he was, she just knew he was hurt, and it was her job to help him.

"may honey?"

the ombré haired girl quickly snapped out of her gaze at looked up at her mother, raising an eyebrow awaiting what jenna had to say. the older woman sighed, and placed her hands on her hips, "we need to talk."

may scanned their surroundings, the two were alone in the supply closet where extra medical supplies resided. and she was leaning against a shelf, with her arms crossed over her chest. the girl had snuck in to get some time alone for just a second, after entering mount weather again she couldn't stop thinking about the piercing sound of the drill, or how it dug deep into her thigh, causing excruciating pain that she could still feel at times if she thought about the memory hard enough.

"what about?" may replied with a dull tone, standing back up straight from her leaning position. she really didn't care about what her mother had to say, since she had a good idea about what it would be.

"murphy—"

before jenna couldn't even finish saying his name, may cut her off with an irritated groan. her mother had brought the boy up into a conversation at what felt like at least twenty times since he disappeared, and may was sick of it. she didn't wanna talk about the boy she shared a connection with to anyone, even krystal. she didn't wanna talk about how he broke her heart, or how he made her feel so alone when she needed him most, with his note the only clue she had.

"maybella fernsby, we need to talk about it." jenna insisted, emphasizing may's first name to show how serious she was being. her mother hardly ever used her full name in an argument or conversation, so that's how may knew she wasn't getting out of the talk.