𝟐𝟕 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for resistance

Bleak /bl-eek/
adj. cold and forbidding

 cold and forbidding

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

AVELINA EXHALED. IT was the day she had been dreading for the past week and a half. The contract was over. Three months with Adrik that went down the drain. She never expected this outcome.

Glancing down at her phone, she saw the text that told her exactly what she wanted to hear from Zaria. Zaria informed her that Adrik was at the office and not at home. That meant she could go get all of the clothing she left at his house along with the contract for his signature.

She threw on a white blouse that she had resting in the back of her closet. Avelina hated how quickly her mind raced over Adrik and how he once called her shirt a napkin. A small smile spread on her face at the memory of how they met. It felt like so long ago.

Slowly, her smile eased down to a frown.

Throwing on a pair of shoes, she grabbed the folder that withheld the contract before walking right out of her house. It was a busy day with people already beginning to walk amongst each other on the sidewalks.

Avelina immediately called out for a taxicab and awaited its presence. The yellow vehicle wasn't slow to perch itself right in front of her. She promptly got into the cab where she told the man where to go.

Avelina's heart was beating entirely too fast. Just the thought of going back to Adrik's house didn't fail to strike fear within her. It didn't matter that Adrik wasn't going to be there, she was still nervous.

"Breathe," she whispered to herself.

Stupid butterflies were still fluttering around in her stomach making it very hard to let go of her thoughts.

When she got a text on her phone from Vincent, she couldn't help but smile softly. The past few days with Vincent were getting better and better. It felt good to finally have a family. On the plus side, surprising, he was great company to have.

Vincent's text informed her that he would be stopping by her place the following day.

Avelina felt bad for not telling him that she was going to Adrik's. It wasn't like she was going to see him or anything. She was only going to drop off her contract and to pick up her clothes. If she were to tell Vincent, he'd probably force one of his men to do it.

Truth was, she wanted to be the one to do it. She wanted to be the one to say goodbye to the place where she fell in love with Adrik. She finally felt ready to be that person she's always dreamed to be.

-

After quite a long drive, she was finally parked in front of Adrik's mansion. The guards were quickly alerted, but once they saw it was Avelina, they settled down.

She stepped out of the cab and began to walk up to the front door. The guard gave her a curt nod as she walked into the mansion.

Immediately, she wanted to burst out crying again. She was really going to miss Adrik's house. Everywhere she looked managed to occupy her mind with memories. From the piano to the kitchen. He was everywhere.