𝟏𝟒 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for rejection

Discombobulated /diss-come-bahb-you-lay-ted/
adj. confused and disconcerted

AVELINA WOKE UP with Adrik's arm wrapped around her waist

AVELINA WOKE UP with Adrik's arm wrapped around her waist. Sometimes, he would go into her room and place himself on her bed while she slept. Avelina had gotten used to the treatment after the second time he had done it only because it always managed to wake her up with a smile on her face.

"Morning, Adrik," she muttered when she felt him move slightly. Her eyes moved over to him where he lifted his head from the pillow with his eyes closed just before letting his head plop down once more. She couldn't help but laugh.

With that, she moved to get up but was pulled right back down into Adrik's warmth. She didn't know how he ended up on top of her, but there he was. His head nestled its way into her neck as his eyes remained shut. Avelina didn't exactly know how to respond except for running her hand up and down his bareback. She found herself tracing every muscle.

"You're usually the one being punctual and waking me up. Since when have things changed?" Avelina questioned, a smile coating her lips. Her smile quickly went away as she felt his lips grazing her neck. Immediately, she tensed up when she felt him kiss her skin. It felt so good but she knew it was so wrong.

"Adrik," she whispered out. He must've taken that for validation because he had gone from kissing her neck to sucking her skin-possibly giving her a hickey. Her hand fisted his long strands of hair as he moved lower from her neck to the top of her breasts.

Her eyes were quick to shut in delight while he continued to kiss lower and lower down her body. Her lower region was throbbing. It was just pulsating in need and hunger.

Her back arched when he slipped his hand into her shorts and pressed his finger against her panties right over her soaked area. He began to rub her up and down while his lips never stopped their manipulations on her body.

When his other hand moved to the hem of her shorts, she knew things were going way too far.

"Adrik, stop," she told him.

He pulled away from her, his eyes staring into hers. She didn't know what he was trying to say but could tell he was frustrated.

"Look, Adrik-"

"No," he let out. She felt her shoulders fall with a sad look on her face. He shook his head just before exiting the bedroom and leaving her all alone.

Avelina tried to contemplate if she should just leave him alone for a moment or talk to him about what just happened.

With a sigh, she decided to go after him. As soon as she opened her door, he was already there.

"I don't understand why you're mad at me," she said. He looked away from her in response.

"I am not particularly mad. My heart feels broken," he told her in such a nonchalant tone. The tension in her face eased as she looked at Adrik. She was always having a constant internal battle that she was fighting with herself-hold him or only do her job.