𝟎𝟗 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for honesty

Apex /aye•pex/
𝑛. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

THEY MADE IT to his office only a minute late. She had expected more of a reaction out of Adrik due to him only being slightly late to his office, but she was pleased to see that he was actually very calm. After their little encounter in the elevator, he appeared to be more at ease.

Avelina had shyly pulled away from him only to gleam into his eyes once more. When the elevator doors had opened, their moment was quick to end abruptly.

Adrik walked out of the elevator leaving Avelina to follow behind him. The first thing she noticed was the silence that screamed out all around them on the top level. One thing she was quick to realize was that Adrik always seemed to be more like himself when things were quiet.

"You like silence," Avelina pointed out. He glanced over at her and then nodded his head.

"I do," he responded. Adrik opened a tall door leaving her to gaze into a beautiful office. It was quite dark until Adrik turned on a light allowing it to illuminate every inch of his workspace. From the big desk to the plush couch, it all just managed to scream elegance.

"There's also no windows. Let me guess, you like darkness," she said. He sat down at his big chair perched directly behind his desk. The sound of the rich leather succumbing to the weight of his body seemed to echo through the room.

"I've opposed a large amount of light and sound for as long as I can remember. As doctors would say, it's all apart of my issues," he said and even though it was barely present, Avelina could just hear the distaste in his voice. The way he seemed to be disgusted by himself left her to frown.

"Adri-"

"Mr. Zolotov," A voice seemed to interrupt Avelina's words. Avelina turned towards the door to see a beautiful tall woman. She was wearing a tight nude-colored dress that hugged her curves perfectly. Everything that the woman was-Avelina was the exact opposite.

The woman had beautiful hair flowing down her back with brown eyes that were slightly narrowed giving her this mysterious look. Not to mention her pointed nose leaving her face to be perfectly symmetrical.

"Zaria Kensley," Adrik returned the greeting before placing his sunglasses back on his face and looking down at the papers on his desk.

Jealousy was quick to consume Avelina as she stared at the long-legged woman. Zaria was absolutely gorgeous and Avelina envied her.

"You must be Avelina Santos. I am Zaria Kensley, Mr. Zolotov's favorite girl," she smirked before holding her hand out for Avelina to shake. Despite the fact her words made her want to drown, Avelina plastered a smile on her face and shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you. Thank you for the clothes. I really didn't have any business attire," Avelina chuckled out as she smoothed her skirt down. Avelina's gaze seemed to drop momentarily to the outfit Zaria had picked out for her. When she looked back up, she noticed the way Zaria's eyes seemed to be focused on her skirt.