𝟏𝟐 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for fears

ensure /in-shore/
v. make certain that something shall occur or be the case

JOHNATHAN AND ANTON had left not even a second after the whole encounter

JOHNATHAN AND ANTON had left not even a second after the whole encounter. On the other hand, Avelina still couldn't bring herself to break apart from Adrik. He seemed as if he didn't want her to leave his side either. There was such a strong pull that existed between the two of them-they felt connected.

"I realized that you probably didn't eat your dinner," Avelina whispered as a frown coated her features. She really wanted to make sure that he had eaten dinner only because he hadn't had much food besides the breakfast she had cooked him earlier.

"I had eaten quite a bit before Johnathan had shown up," he informed her. She smiled at his words before walking over to the edge of his bed where she sat down. He had already been laying down with a book in his hand as his eyes read through the text.

"I'm happy to hear that," she smiled. Avelina found herself scooting slightly closer to him which he was quick to notice. His eyes seemed to skim down her body before returning to the book.

"What are you reading?" She asked him. Avelina noticed the way he moved over to allow her to have room beside him if she wanted it. Her eyes fell on the empty spot just before meeting Adrik's silver orbs.

"Come lie down with me and I will tell you all about it," he said.

She managed to contemplate whether or not it'd be a good idea to lay beside him. Her mind was begging her to do it-to be surrounded by his warmth and to drown in his heavenly scent. For some reason, her logic only put her in a state of not knowing if laying beside him in bed was a smart decision.

Before she could end the brutal battle of her overthinking, Adrik wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her in to his chest.

Avelina was quick to gain that fluttering-feeling she managed to receive when she was near Adrik. Only this time, things felt more intimate. She had to stop her own arm from curling around Adrik's muscular frame due to her temptation screaming at her to do it.

Her eyes moved up to face as he continued to read his book.

"I find you so extraordinary," she whispered with the intention of keeping her thoughts in her head. He glanced over at her, his eyebrows coming together for a brief moment.

"If you are telling a joke, I am afraid that I do not find it humorous," he spoke. She frowned at his words before bringing her hand up to graze his cheekbone only to ensure that he was actually real.

"No, Adrik, I'm not joking. You are so smart, so brave, and so strong. I don't think I've ever met someone that inspires me in the way you do. I feel as though I could take over the world when I speak to you. Maybe that's why I find it so intriguing to listen to every word that comes from your mouth," she said softly as her finger trailed down from his cheekbone to his sharp jawline.