𝟏𝟏 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for caring

physiological /fiz-e-o-log-cal/
𝑎𝑑𝑗. 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑏𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑖𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑙 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠.

THEY ARRIVED AT the mansion with the ride there being completely silent except for the occasional roar of the engine

Once they were back into the huge home, Avelina awkwardly threw off the cardigan she had placed over her outfit when it had began to get cold. The second it hit the couch, she noticed a cringe expression of Adrik's face as he walked over to it and picked it up.

"I know you find it annoying when I ask questions, but one thing I need help understanding is-if Zaria is your personal assistant, why doesn't she help you with everything you're going to need me for?" Avelina asked him to relieve the awkward silence.

"It is easier for me to talk to you than Miss Kensley. Originally, you were not supposed to assist me at work, but I wanted you to. Partially, because it makes things feel more natural with you around," Adrik answered honestly. She puckered her lips off to the side in thought as she found herself growing warm at the somewhat compliment he had just given her.

Her eyes seemed to follow him as he placed her cardigan on a coat rack.

"Adrik, you barely know me. It's shocking how you can talk to me but you can't talk to people you've probably known for way longer," Avelina said.

"I know. It is something that I can not find an answer to," he told her. Her attention was focused on him as he walked past her and towards the kitchen. She couldn't help but follow him like a little lost puppy. Every word that left his lips left her so intrigued.

"You not having an answer to something is impossible," she chuckled. Avelina looked down at her watch to see it was almost time for Adrik to have his dinner.

"That's inaccurate. There are many things that I do not have the answer to. Therefore, it is not precisely impossible," Adrik stated. She placed her hand on her hip as a huge smile broke out on her face.

"I was over-exaggerating it, Adrik. People sometimes over-exaggerate their words to get their point across more effectively," she laughed out before she grabbed all of the ingredients she needed to make his food-the same dinner he managed to eat every single day.

"Oh, 'impossible' is used to over-exaggerate," he stated. It sounded like something he wanted to say more to himself. Avelina glanced over at him, her smile never leaving her face. She found him absolutely adorable.

"It's sometimes used to over-exaggerate," she informed him. He seemed to catch on pretty quickly.

One thing Avelina noticed was that he appeared to miss certain social cues. She also picked up on was how he never seemed to get it when she said a joke. He took everything she said literally and she had to remember to teach him the figurative side of words as well.