Chapter 25: The Midnight Hour

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝Would you believe me if I say that there is more than 24 hours in one day?❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      STEALING SOMEONE'S HEART IS NEVER AN EASY JOB. You knew it wasn't, and will never be, easy, but you still felt disappointed when Morgana told you that stealing (S/n)'s heart will take a couple of weeks or so. Especially since you don't have a lot of time now due to the upcoming sports festival.

But looking at the bright side: you won't have to stay up late just to fight some Shadows as training anymore.

Mementos is your number one source of experience now, and you were with people who are extremely prepared when it comes to fighting Shadows.

You frowned in confusion. "This... is a real gun, huh?"

"Yep," Akira said.

"And you got it legally?"

"Define the meaning of 'legal' and I'll answer as honestly as I could."

You stifled a laugh, making Akira smile at you. "Well, okay. I won't ask any more questions then."

Ryuji crouched and yawned. "Seriously, what time is that 'midnight hour' gonna happen? We've been in this street for like ages already."

As promised, after the whole Mementos introduction thing, you told your new group to meet back up in the streets of Musutafu— you weren't actually sure if the Midnight Hour also happens outside of Musutafu, so you decided to do the safest option instead. And you told them to at least tell their family that they'll be out late. Because that's really what's going to happen soon, and you didn't want them to be scolded once they go home at around 1 in the morning.

Akira smirked. He leaned on the wall next to you, while you continued examining the gun stuffed in a bag. "Why? Are you tired already, Ryuji?"

Ryuji just sighed. "Of course I am. We're gonna have to go home late too, you know."

"Ah, I'm sorry," you said unconsciously, bringing out the evoker you have in your pocket.

"Nah, don't be. I mean, you called it 'Midnight Hour' so I kinda get— wait, you have a gun?"

Instantly, everyone turned to you. Even Yusuke who was investigating a wall, turned to look at you in confusion as well. You smiled and tilted your head. "Yeah, so I don't really want to have a gun with me. Sorry for making you guys buy one for me."

The only reason you didn't want to get the real gun was because you didn't trust yourself to pull out the fake gun when you're ready to shoot yourself in the head.