Chapter 23: Jealousy

a/n: alright, I'd like to clarify that the love interests starts as mostly crushes (and will probably be like that in the long run, until it turns chaotic and very competitive lmao) so is this classified as a slow burn or...? imsorryimjustdumbskdjjhshs

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝But... you don't get any second chances in living.❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME.

U.A's annual Sports Festival. It is a tournament of physical capability showcase that gives the Hero course students the chance to display their powers and Quirks in front of Pro-heroes who might want to hire them in the future.

"I keep forgetting that this is still a school! I am so hyped!"

Kaminari pushed Kirishima's head down on the table. "Wait a minute!"

And then the cheers quieted down at his worried tone. "Is it okay to have a sports festival after the villains snuck inside?" Jirou asked the question that was flooding into everyone's mind. The rest nodded at that.

"What if they attack us again, or something?"

Aizawa expected questions such as these. Even some of the pro-hero teachers in the staffs asked each other about this. That's why he already memorised his answers to this situation.

"Apparently, they think of it as U.A. showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event. I hear police presence will be five times bigger than normal, for example. What you should be thinking about is this 'huge chance' that the sports festival will give you to you. It's not an event that should be cancelled because of a few villains."

Mineta's gloomy aura permeated in the air. "I think it should be cancelled.. it's just a festival of sports, right?"

Ojiro turned to Mineta and sweatdropped. "I think so as well, but U.A.'s sports festival is different, you know?"

Mineta looked behind his shoulders and whispered sharply. "Of course I know, but..."

"Our school festival is one of Japan's biggest events. The Olympic was once the world's sports festival. And as you all know, if you had listened to the history of our country in your middle school class, our population had shrunk the moment Quirks existed and the substance of that sports event has lost its enthusiasm. So what has taken place of the Olympics in Japan is the annual U.A. Sport's festival."

It was an important event in the entirety of Japan. Which is also broadcasted all across different regions- that means if you fail to do something, or if you embarrassed yourself... everyone in Japan will remember it.