18 ^

lisa's pov

after that day, i got so much better.

well not very much, but my leg was getting better and i was able to walk normally a week after. i could get back to racing as soon as i felt ready to.

jennie didn't flinch, or slap me or get mad at me for holding her hand. instead, all she did was look away from my gaze, but i could very well tell she was smiling to herself just as i was too. it was a mutual understanding that i've learnt to appreciate between the both of us.

silent affection.

maybe not there yet but sometimes it feels too much it makes us seem lovesick.

in actual fact, i love how our relationship has progressed quickly from awkward to not so very much awkward, if you get with i mean.

there're times that i think how paranoidly stupid i was to even think jennie would make fun of me with that dumb love letter. i think i do remember writing in the letter that i'm giving it to her because i know she wouldn't judge me.

yep, i'm stupid.

now i know i never had a crush on the wrong person.

as promised after i recovered, we went for a milk smoothie date. it's not as well planned out as i previously had it but it would do.

at least i considered it a date.

i mean.. i don't know if she did but-

doesn't matter.

today she was running slightly late to the water sports centre i asked her to come to.

apparently, she never knew i had a thing for kayaking back in my school days. i don't blame her though since i never joined the kayaking team in high school.

my mom told me i was getting too tanned and she hated it so i had no other choice. but being the partial rebel i am, i still do go out and against her sometimes to kayak with my two crack headed friends for leisure.

that one time we went out after high school to kayak, jisoo capsized the boat 4 times. first was when her fat ass was trying to get into the kayak. second was when she relaxed, let go of her paddle and it drifted away in the water so when she tried to reach for it whilst sitting in the kayak, the entire thing capsized, with chaeng on the same boat. and then when they  got back into the kayak safely, chaeng poked jichu's butt for revenge which made the auburn hair girl flinch and fall off the kayak, again. and the last capsize was when jisoo tried to play water fight with me but failed miserably as the water i splashed got into her weak eyes.

okay but back to the timezone now, i wouldn't say i'm exceptionally good at it, maybe considerably decent. and i also found out that jennie's afraid of water sports through taehyung so i decided to give her a surprise.

it isn't water trauma, it's just that she can't swim and she doesn't know how to canoe or kayak that's why she's scared.

wouldn't it be cute if i taught her how to kayak?

low-key a date though...

somi was here with me since her friend ran the water sports centre along the coast. i didn't want to go out to sea since that'll be more dangerous and scarier and i'm afraid my dear jennie wouldn't be able to handle that.

"-tell rosie i found her another barbecue restaurant down the r- oh look she's here." somi's voice gradually faded as she looked into the direction behind me suspiciously.

without hesitation i turned around to look, and there was the girl of my dreams walking towards me with the widest smile on her face in some sexy looking one piece bikini.