7

jennie's pov

she was right there.

oh crap, what the hell since when was she even there?

she was wearing a black mask since people might notice her in public and make a scene out of it if they were her fans but i instinctively recognised her soft, hypnotising brown orbs.

my heartbeat picked it's pace and i felt a warm blush rushing up my gummy cheeks.

"i've gotta rush back to work later, i'm so sorry about that. i wish i could spend some more time with you."when tae's voice came ringing in my ears, i snapped the direction of my head back to him.

"oh, it's fine." i managed to utter, "at least we got to have lunch together before the week ends."

"i guess," he munched on his food greedily, "but honestly wish i had more time to spend, this photog job can be kind of a burden sometimes."

"still love it though." he shrugged, picking up a cup of water before sipping.

"so when do i have to go to the studio again?" i asked, remembering the model thing he signed me up for.

"oh," he spends a moment to think, "this weekend, if that's alright for you?"

"sure sure." i giggled when i saw him getting all excited about me being there.

"do you want me to go get you and come together or are you just fine with me waiting for you there?" he asks like a real gentleman.

"i can make it there by myself. just send me the address, thanks tae." i rolled my eyes playfully at him trying to let him know i'm an independent woman when he smiled in satisfaction and finished up his food as i did.

what i didn't notice while me and tae exchanged bantering glances was an expressionless lisa making her way over to our table.

i couldn't tell, since half her face was covered, but from the look in her eyes, it was pretty obvious she looked somewhat bothered, which was odd since she's supposed to be having a wonderful time with her friends.

"uh... can i help you?" tae was crunching on some cucumber when he also sensed lisa's slightly intimidating presence.

when she pulled down her mask, i saw him stumble backwards in his seat, shocked but definitely thrilled.

"oh sharks, jen tell me i'm hallucinating!" he stirred, slapping his face multiple times in hopes to wake himself up.

"you're not." i giggled.

"what is going on, is she really real?" he squealed as he covered his eyes and ears. "lisa manoban? the racer?!" he screamed again.

that's when he turned to look at her in the eyes, "i'm a huge fan!"

i watched a small smile cave up to lisa's inviting lips.

"nice to meet you too," she says lightly, "i guess you'd be seeing me more often than you think."

taehyung's eyebrows creased in confusion.

"i'm jennie's friend."

and then with that, tae's mouth went agape like he's just been betrayed by his mother as if she told him he's adopted.

"what- jen! you didn't tell me anything about this!!" he accused, "you- argh, oh my god this is surreal!" before i could speak up, he glanced at his watch and his eyes widened even further.

"oh sharkies, i'm late!" he yells frantically, picking his camera up and shifting his ass out of his seat frantically like his ass got burnt.

"gotta dip, jen a-and lisa. i'm so sorry, i'll text you later jennie, love you! love you more lisa! i'm your biggest fan!"

and then he was out of sight.

i watched as he skipped and hopped his way out the restaurant, down the road, and thrashing into a taxi that happened to be right on time.

"that boy." i muttered the softest i can under my breath. how dare he love lisa more than he love me? he's known me for more than 3 years and he just met lisa like JUST. i mean well i can't blame him since seeing lisa on tv is hell attractive and can make anyone fall in love instantly. no kidding.

with all the commotion over, i noticed my pounding heart beating against my eardrums harder. my senses going on nervous mode when lisa was still standing beside me, unwavered.

"hi." i hear her greet softly as she took tae's seat.

i pursed my lips as my eyes locked with hers, "hey."

"your boyfriend?" she asks casually, nudging towards the direction tae ran. it was like she was trying to hide a look of irritation, fixing her lips into a tight position.

"no, he's too childish for me. don't tell him i said that though." i saw her dreaming gaze on me while she flashed a contented smile before her mask covered it up.

"why would i?" she chuckled. the silence took over for awhile and the restaurant felt like it was being set on fire, because i suddenly felt so warm. the stupid thumping sound of my heartbeat didn't help either.

"you didn't text me."

i blinked, quite surprised that that was the first thing she had to say apart from 'hi' and 'your boyfriend' and 'why would i'. and i'm pretty sure i whispered it, how did she hear that the other time?

"uh... i said that..?"

"yeah," she frowns, "did you not mean to say it?"

"oh um, i guess you heard it." i scratched my arm awkwardly, "i was b-busy and i was contemplating a lot about it because i didn't know what to say and i-"

"chill, i was just wondering." she laughed jokingly, but her tone sounded a little disappointed.

"w-were you waiting for my text?" i stuttered as i played with my fingers under the table, eyeing her shyly as i watched her every move carefully.

"you could put it that way, yeah." she admits with a chuckle.

"i'm sorry, i really wanted to but-"

"no no, it's fine! i just.. if you're afraid to text me, uh... maybe you could give me your number too so i can text you first?" she suggests, her voice hesitant and unsure.

she slides her phone on the table towards me and i typed it in without second thoughts.

"thanks." she says, and i could sense her charming smile from under her mask.

"i have to get back to them," she points towards jisoo and chaeyoung, who were glancing back and forth at us. "are you leaving anytime soon?"

"yeah, i have to uh, head to court to justify some allegations." i scratched my temple nervously.

dammit lisa, stop staring at me like that.

she nods, but i didn't like it when her body language suddenly appeared a little sullen from before.

"i'll call you then, if i can." lisa stands up, waiting for me to do so too, before she waved coolly while beaming under her mask, "see you."

as i left the restaurant, i wondered why my heart still wasn't calming down at all.

she'll call me?

woah, that's like second base of communication already after texting and we haven't even texted yet.

but i guess i like it that way better.