10 ^

lisa's pov

we left the dressing room and the studio room awkwardly, made it to my car parked at the basement awkwardly, and got into the car very awkwardly as well.

i hate how awkward i make everything become.

but like i said, i'm an introvert. and it's not like i can instantly switch up to become an extrovert overnight or anything. having social anxiety really sucks, don't you think? i want to talk with my crush without feeling so suffocated.

well this isn't good, i need to do something to make the atmosphere lighter i suppose.

i put focus on fixing my seatbelt and starting the engine to my car before turning to her but i saw how she was struggling with pulling the seatbelt down since i think it was stuck so i hovered over and helped her instinctively.

i didn't realise our faces being close in proximity until i felt her light breath hit the side of my cheeks.

"sorry." i mouthed out crankily and shift back into my seat, securing her seatbelt tightly.

i couldn't take it anymore, there wasn't any ventilation, the car was stuffy, i was suffocating, i had no more room in my lungs to breathe because never in my life have i once thought a jennie kim would be in the passenger seat of my car, looking so heavenly and irresistible.

light crimson tints hit the upper region of my cheeks when i noticed once again that my heart was going berserk.

because of her.

for her.

i reactively smacked my chest to try and get my heart to slow down, creating a large thud sound which shocked jennie.

"a-are you okay?"

"yeah uh- just ehem, feeling stuffy sometimes in the car." i cleared my throat and sighed internally when my excuse was made through, fingers finding its way to the button before i let the car windows slide open.

i fixed my eyes on the road when we hit off, but at the corner of my eyes i saw jennie eye me suspiciously like she was worried if i had issues for out of the blue smacking myself.

after a few minutes of driving in the car soundly, my heart finally found decent peace.

"any idea what movie you'd wanna watch later? we're almost reaching." i reminded, feeling braver than before to look over at her.

"i do have one," she chirps adorably, "but only if you've watched the first movie."

"so it's a continuation?"

"mhmm." she says, smiling at me that made my heart twitch in content, "heard of kissing booth 2?"

"oh yeah, i've watched the first one. we can go for that one then."

before we knew it, the car was parked outside the theatre, we got in, bought a couple of popcorn boxes, some salted some sweetened, some caramel or a mix of everything, and settled into the cinema like teens hogging the theatre after school hours.

"let's go, come on." i called out, and signalled for jennie to follow close to me when i saw her struggling with the drinks.

my hands were already full of popcorn boxes but i still stride over and held the cups for her.

"thank you." she says with a small smile, a light blush gushing on her face.

i smiled in return, making my way into the dark chamber first, and only giggling internally to myself when i heard her tiny footsteps scramble close seconds later.

stop trying to convince yourself that it's a date, manoban. you know it's not.

i'm sorry, i just can't help myself. ugh.

we took our place at our seats and i passed her her share of the snacks before leaning comfortably into my seat, closing my eyes.

we were waiting silently for the movie to start with the sounds of advertisements in the background when i heard a guy's voice sound from the right side of my ear where jennie was seated at.

"can't really see clearly in the dark but i just have this feeling that you're hella cute, would you mind exchanging numbers?"

i immediately snapped my eyes open to get a clearer look at the situation, not realising how my fists were starting to clench and my eyes were threatening to attack that guy with just a glare that in reality wouldn't do anything.

"that's so fucking lame." i muttered and scoffed under my breath softly as i turned my head to my left, not wanting to see if jennie gave in to that or not.

"uh.. sorry. i'm kinda already here with someone." she timidly whispers and points towards me in which i could feel her finger burn at the side of my shoulder. i peeped over and saw how the guy frowned before moving back to his seat with a girl beside him.

wow, if that is his girlfriend, he's a certified jerk.

why do men?

please tell me why. see this is exactly why i like women.

"you make it sound like we're dating, we're just friends though." i smirked, teasing her out of nowhere. i didn't know where i suddenly got the confidence from. was it because she rejected him and said she was with someone already that made it sound like i was her date?

maybe.

if it wasn't possible to see jennie's blush deepen, i think it did. the damn cinema lights playing tricks on my eyes though.

"w-well that was the point. it's suppose to be an excuse to shoo him away, don't get it the wrong way." she stutters, and i could only chuckle at how cute she sounded whispering against my ears just in case the guy heard.

baby steps.

i think that's what we're taking right now.

and i'm totally alright with it.

i don't even expect you to like me back because i'm a nerd. and seriously, what's there to like about a nerd? how awkward they make everything become with their presence? even i wouldn't think i'd fall for a nerd.

so i'm totally alright with it if you don't have any interest in me.