3 ^

lisa's pov

shit.

shit fuck fuckity.

okay to be honest, at first i didn't exactly recognise who jennie kim was though her name did ring a bell because the girl had her sunglasses on and i was under the scorching sun that attempted to burn my eyes.

my memories would fade a little from time to time since i've had a minor accident when i was younger.

but that didn't stop me from blushing and internally panicking after realisation.

it's jennie.

my high school crush.

dammit, she still looks as good as ever. maybe even better, no, definitely way better.

i saw her when i was receiving my award at the podium and the only thing that was going through my mind was: what the actual fuck is going on.

so i had to get away as soon as i could despite her calls after me because i was too shocked to function. though there were many people, i heard her clearly repeating my name on her lips over and over. all my mind could process was her sweet, angelic, heavenly voice.

what does she want me for? why's she finding me? why after all these years? why is she so desperate? what should i do? how am i supposed to, what the hell am i supposed- ahhhhh.

heart attacks.

no i can't see her. what if she's going to use that stupid love letter i gave her as a threat to bring my career down if she still has it with her? what if she's going to tell the public i'm gay? what if she's going to show my fans and everyone how shitty my letter was written, how cheesy, how cringeworthy—

"can you stop grabbing your bangs like you want to tear it all out? because i know you're a bitch for your bangs and cause i wouldn't be able to comprehend how ugly you would look bald."

the exasperated voice beside me sounded, jisoo. there beside her sat a peaceful chaeng.

i loosened my grip on my hair— precious hair i didn't know i was pulling until jisoo reminded me.

"listen, limario. that girl seemed sus but she didn't look like she would do any harm."

i frowned at her, "weren't you just bitching about how squeaky she was a second ago? you're on her side now?"

"never said i was, i'm just stating facts." jisoo shrugged, looking away irritatedly like i just exposed her ass.

"she did seem like she genuinely wanted to talk to you though," chaeng chirped in, "do you know who she is?"

"jennie kim?"

"yes."

"guys," i said baffled, balling my eyes out wondering how my two minions couldn't recognise. "she's the jennie kim from high school, do you not remember?"

jisoo squint her eyes and turned to chaeyoung as she narrowed it further.

"wait.. wait what? rubyjane? she's that mean bitch that goes around campus stealing everyone's milk cartons? what- what in the high school drama is this-" jisoo raised her suspicious eyebrows as she caught on.

but chaeng just scratched her head innocently.

"wait, who-"

"i knew it! there was something fishy about her and her sunglasses!! mandu mandu! mandu girl! rubyjane! jennie kim mandu, does that not ring a bell?!" jisoo barked.

"oh wait, the one that always walks into class every morning flexing her 5 thousand dollar chanel vanity case handbag? oh okay i got it."

chaeng smiles but then it falters almost immediately, "wait, why is she even finding you for? she doesn't even- she didn't even want to associate with us back in high school."

"yeah, like, does she want more milk or..?" jisoo chimed curiously.

i gulped, focusing my gaze on both my best buddies, "i uh, i have no idea either, but there's something i haven't told you guys..."

they gestured for me to go on.

"i was the one who wrote her the love letter."

as if on cue, both of their eyes widened.

"what?! what in the world is- where- why haven't you told us shit about it?!" jisoo shrieked.

"i clearly remember you said it wasn't you! so i always thought it was like the stupid jocks! what the habsjdkwnsidn- so she was right about it?!! ahhhh!! i'm gonna-"

"dude and that was the only love letter she kept?! the whole school was wondering who gave it to her that was worthy enough for not throwing away after you left!!"

"okay okay! stop! my ears are falling apart, for fucks sake!" i covered them as i watched jisoo whine.

"wait, so you liked her?" the noisy girl finally composed herself. chaeng on the other hand was taking it well.

"yes, dude i was head over heels for her." i sighed, reminiscing about the good ol' times, "that was why i deliberately went to snatch two more cartons of milk every morning because i knew she'd come along to steal them."

"wait, so that was the reason?" jisoo gasped again, "i've always thought you had this lactose obsession that-"

"clearly, you're dumb." chaeng spoke for me.

"well shit."

"so what're you going to do now? she's literally trying to get to you."

"um... ignore her?" i winced.

"no, you can't just-"

"yes i can! i'm scared, i feel like she's out to ruin my career! i can't bear to lose it now?! i just started two years ago!"

"how is two years ago considered 'just started'??? i-"

"i don't know why she's finding me now when i'm doing so well. i mean, i don't know if i still like her, wait do i? but she probably has my fucking love letter and is planning on exposing it-"

"shut up woman, she would've done that already if that was her motive in the first place. there's a thing called social media you bitch, so why would she want to come all the way here just to find you if she only wanted to expose your gay ass?!" jisoo hissed, slamming the table so i get a hold of my rambling self.

"let's just see how it goes." chaeng spoke, "you have a match tomorrow again, right?"

i nod.

if she's there, i'll see how long i can try and ignore her for.

i'm just gonna pretend like she doesn't exist and she didn't exist if she's really out to destroy my career.

jennie kim, i won't let myself get fazed by you.

dear jennie kim,

yes, i'm head over heels for you. i'd like to first address how your entire existence makes me a happier person. when you walk past me in school, you make my heart flutter. cliché enough but you give me butterflies in my stomach.

well more specifically, heart attacks.