6

jennie's pov

what the heck did i just do?

oh my fucking god i actually got her number!

okay, i know i've said it before that i didn't notice lisa back in high school, but now that i think about it, i guess i unconsciously did. like i've always remembered her as the girl who allowed me to take all 3 of her milk cartons.

i wondered why she had 3 though, when other people usually only bought one.

yes, i know that drinking too much milk is bad for your health so no i didn't drink them all. i actually stole them from the students and gave them all out to the cleaners working in our school.

wouldn't you consider that a good thing?

i mean, i didn't give all out... i kept like 1 to 2 for myself to enjoy.

and usually i'd keep the cartons that were more physically appealing because i just liked when it looked better.

not to mention i've always found it strange that they had a letter L written on the bottom of it.

now that i caught on, those were probably lisa's.

cause... L for Lisa.

... right?

i don't even know how or why i suddenly want to get close to her, it's so weird it's like i'm being possessed and some crazy inner fangirl has taken over my body and soul that made me like this.

and crazy thing was, i never wanted to be the first person to make a move.

i mean, i wouldn't consider this 'making a move' like asking her out and stuff and i seriously had no idea why in the essence of a moment i even did that. how i even had the guts to ask for her number.

i've always wanted to be that princess, you know. just waiting for someone to initiate something with me and being the dominant one. but i guess it's still something similar since lisa actually made the move first back in high school with that letter.

"i'm actually scared to ask you out directly. like... really really scared, so i wrote it in this letter instead, i hope it isn't too old-school dweeby of me."

i usually read this line on repeat, all over again because this was easily one of the cutest lines in her letter.

yes, love letters are old-school indeed. but i like them. just like how i'd prefer to use a fan rather than an aircon while i chill with sparkling water if you get what i mean.

"girl- you again?" a very familiarly monstrous voice called out from a distance. there, i saw the same auburn hair girl i encountered a week or 2 ago, jisoo, with the same blondie, chaeyoung.

what are the odds?

i was literally just trying to have a simple lunch by a simple restaurant on a simple day without having any drama but this happened and now my simple moment is being ruined.

i was waiting for my friend taehyung, who's working as a photographer because we planned to catch up since the last time we saw each other was way long ago. not that i remember. but on a side note, i'd say he's the closest friend i have.

i watched unbothered as jisoo and chaeyoung walked over. i wouldn't say walk, it was more of the jisoo shorty sashaying over.

why does she hate me so much?

i don't think i've done anything to particularly offend her height since apparently she's sensitive about it..?

"are you here alone?" she questions demandingly, clicking her tongue like she was judging me badly. why'd it sound like she was going to yank all my hair off if i'd said no?

"there's nothing wrong with being alone." i replied, a little offended by her tone.

she surrenders her hands up in the air lightly, "no ma'am, i was just genuinely curious."

guess i took it the wrong way.

"oh, well no. i'm here with a friend actually."

"cool, is he or she coming soon or..?"

i eyed her suspiciously, before taking a glance to chaeyoung who had her eyes attached to the toilet for some reason.

"i don't know, he might be late."

jisoo pondered before, "our table's there, care to join?"

"i'm good here, thanks." i smiled. i saw her frown a little before she shrugged. hmm, strange. what the hell was that? a second ago she was all pissy and judgey and now she's acting all nice.

just before they could walk away from my table, i saw a rushing tae dash over like flash. he had a camera slinging over his shoulders and his rounded glasses that made him look cutely nerdy.

a harry potter coat and lil wand would look good with him right now.

"hey- sorry i'm late. i missed my bus." he huffed and slammed his ass down on the seat across me. he took a glance at jisoo and chaeyoung staring back at him before he gave a silent nod at them awkwardly.

before i knew it, the duo were gone from sight, probably back at their table by now.

"it's alright, i didn't wait long." i nod as he gestured for me to order something for myself which i did.

"i actually came from one of the photog studios downtown and well, jen, i have good news." he chirped like a baby, removing his sling camera free from his neck and settling it on the table.

"what is it?" i asked curiously.

"i was offered to do a photoshoot for this fashion model, jeon jungkook." he paused, eyes glistening as he exclaimed, "jen, he's big shot!"

oh yeah, him. the model who's been rumoured to be dating lisa. i'm not too sure about it myself either but it don't think they are.

well duh cause, lisa's gay. wait... what if she's bi?

"that's great! haven't you always wanted to work with him?" i chuckled when his million dollar smile never faltered.

"i know right? and i have even better news." he grins wider while i stare at him to go on.

"this other model was initially supposed to work with him for 1 or 2 of the shots, but she got scouted to england for some other modelling campaign so the crew needed a model, and i suggested you."

i scrubbed my face in utter confusion, "what? why?"

"haven't you seen yourself? this is a great opportunity jen!"

"but i have prosecuting attorneys to attend to."

"it'll just be on one of the weekends," tae pouted, "please jen, i begged for this. i told them that you'll come down for a short meet before you actually consent to do the shoot."

"pleeeaaaase? preeety pleaaaase? i know you want to jen jen."

i looked at him, at first i was in disbelief but i scoffed teasingly afterwards.

"fine, just this once."

as if on cue, he fisted his hands into the air and clapped merrily afterwards like a child who finally got the chance to eat ice cream.

amidst tae tae being in his own world, my head unknowingly titled towards jisoo and chaeyoung's table, but what i saw made my breath hitch right at the back of my throat.

lisa was there, and she was staring right at me.