17 ^

lisa's pov

ouch.

ouch is all i can say, is all that i'm feeling, and is all that i'm thinking.

but looking on the brighter side of things, though i lost my place in this championship, i just experienced my first ever formula e accident. you might think i'm crazy for even thinking of this as a positive thing, but yes, at least my injury isn't too far fetched.

at least i didn't break a leg, break any limb, or have my guts crushed by my car motor. at least this was considered a mild injury for dramatic crashes in the racing industry.

the paramedics did a check of my leg since i came out limping badly. they said the nerve being affected at my right calf is the reason for the mild concussion at the back of my head and the temporary blurred vision that i'm currently facing.

my vision should fully regain in a couple of hours, so there's no need to worry. it's nothing major.

once they left the room, my crackhead of two friends came barging in acting like i was about to go decease. i could tell they were worried, but after explaining what i'm facing to them, they seemed fine.

"it wasn't my fault she crashed into me!"

"i know, i know. just- ugh be careful next time okay? or- or just bang her car back!"

"that's not how it works!"

"okay okay, don't strain yourself." reminded chaeng softly when i was getting slightly agitated at jichu's stupid suggestion. she caressed my forehead and put my bangs neatly for me since i was too lagged to move.

that was when jisoo turned to walk out the door.

oh wait jeez, how could i forget? jennie had to witness my downfall, how embarrassing! argh, this wasn't how i planned today! why did this have to happen?! now i can't enjoy a nice milk smoothie date with her after this, i can't bring her for a nice walk along the river, i can't surprise her to this small vintage arcade store i found downtown or the nice chinese dumpling restaurant i reserved for our dinner.

i planned everything!

i spent the past few days wrecking my brains just so i could enjoy one simple night with her! i was supposed to win this race for her and have the best night of my life with her.

now she's going to be disappointed because i already told her i promised i would make it up to her for the other day that i apparently pissed her off.

way to go manoban, you're amazing.

real amazing.

but then again, i can't exactly be mad at somi since the both of us had desires to win the race. it was kind of my fault too for drifting a little to outwards from the track, that's why when she cut in our cars clashed. she got injured too but for her it was just her wrist so i think she should be fine.

and it's stupid to get mad at your close friend just cause she crashed into you, i know she didn't do it on purpose since she slipped too and skid into the side of my car.

i was in my own devastated state of mind because i was hell disappointed in the events i pulled myself upon today when i spotted jennie walk in at the corner of my eye.

yes, my vision might be blur but i'll always recognise her no matter what.

chaeng moved away and jisoo winked awkwardly at me mouthing a 'you got this gorl!' as she closed the door behind us.

i made eye contact with jennie once she was by my bedside and it was cute how she was timidly looking around to see for any injuries on my body.

when she discovered a cast wrapped around my right leg, she winced slightly and turned back to look at me with a pained expression.