"Were you able to see what happened in the Chamber Kyler?" asked Theo.

"Partly..." Kyler continued, " As you know...I went undercover as a Detra trooper. Troopers work for the gov, but they aren't granted as many opportunities as officials. Officials can watch what happened in the Chamber, troopers cant. Troopers guarded the chamber, but they weren't allowed in. I guarded the chamber sometimes, and was able to sneak my way in and witness some of the experiments..."

My eyes lit up in shock as I quickly turned to Celeste, "Experiments?" I whispered

She looked towards me, her eyes filled with sorrow, "yes..." her voice trembled, "...experiments. Detra gov performs experiments on Immune people to try and get them under their control."

My head filled with confusion...they experimented? on people? It seemed almost impossible. I knew Detra gov was bad...but I never realized they were evil. How could they do that to people.

"Kyler..." Theo looked up sincerely, "...What did they do to those people?"

"Well..." Kylers voice softened, "...I didn't see many, most were very confidential. It was so weird... after a few months the people were let out of the chamber, completely under Detras control. They no longer questioned anything...they were completely controlled. They went back to their normal lives...without any memory of what happened while they were in the chamber. It was so peculiar."

"What experiments did you see?" Fredric asked

"I saw some performed on..." he sighed, "...on The Children."

"children?" I whispered to Celeste confused.

"The Children are kids who are either first borns who were taken away because their parents had more than one child, or they are kids who are found to be immune." Celeste explained

Kyler continued, "The children who weren't found to be immune, were being trained to become Detra troopers. The training camps were the same..." he paused and looked down at Celeste, "...The same as when we were in them."

We? I quickly turned my head towards Celeste, my eyes wide with shock. That's when realized......Celeste and Kyler had to be children who were taken away from their parents. How else would they end up in the chamber?

I've always wondered what happened to the children who were taken away from their parents. If a parent had more than one child, their first born was taken away and never to be seen again. it all makes sense now. They are taken by Detra gov and turned into soldiers. I couldn't understand how they could do that to children though...it was pure madness.

"Every child gets tested. Most are found to be non-Immune. They just are turned into soldiers. The children who they find to be immune though...they aren't so lucky." Kylers voice trembled as he looked down at his hands

"What did they do?" Theo asked sincerely

"Well..." Kyler hesitated, " I didn't see many of the experiments. Although I was able to see one they performed on this girl. They had me guard outside the room where it was happening, and I managed to peek in." He stopped himself and swallowed a deep breath of air

"You don't have to tell us if you're not ready Ky." Celeste picked up her arm, and held her hand in his.

"No it's ok." Kyler squeezed her hand, then let go. "The girl...she was just about 16, and immune. They had tried almost everything to get her to submit to their power...but nothing worked. No hypnotherapy, or mind control worked on her, so they turned to their last resort...they call it-"

"-The 'Mind Melt' ", Dominic interrupted, mumbling under his breath.

Kyler peered at Dominic and nodded, "We know Detra gov has used this method of mind control before...but I've never seen it used like this. The poor girl...she was helpless. She was dragged into a dark hospital-like room, where I stood outside to guard. Four troopers held her by her hands and feet as she screamed, squirming all over the place trying to break free. Her scream pierced through my ears...I could remember the trembling in her tone and the fear in her eyes as she was dragged past me. the troopers led her inside the room and slammed the doors shut, as I stood outside. There was a tiny window on the door I was able to peek through and see what was happening.."