Chapter 9

I didn't puke. Thank gosh. But I did grind my teeth. Thats what I do when im nervous. Im wierd like that, dont judge. " Are you okay" Mason said looking at me.
"I'm fine." I say, when in reality I'm not, but I swallow down the nerves and try to be a popular girl. Aka someone that's confident. I see Joslyn; she sees Mason and I and she charges over here with a smug look on her face." Mason, you left me for.." She looked at me grossly."for her?" She grunted.
"Why not, Bethany is amazing." He said. That made me smile. She frowned and walked away.
"I'm sorry about her."he said looking at me. "It's okay, I've been able to stand her torture for almost 4 years now. It's kinda getting old" I say.
"She's been bullying you for 4 years?" "Ya, but that doesn't matter right now. While we are here, do you want to dance?"
"Well Ya, they don't call it a dance for nothing." Mason grabbed my hand and dragged me onto the dance floor.i had an amazing time. He was an amazing dancer. Everything was going great. He dropped me off at home and I fell onto the couch, crinkling up my dress. "How was the dance, honey?"my mother said coming to my side patting down my hair. "It was so fun!" I said sitting straight up. "Well that's good, it's getting really late, maybe you should go upstairs and get ready for bed soon." my said looking concerned.
"Ok, I will in a little while"i said. I laid there for a while until I got up and trapced up the stairs. I almost totally forgot about the note and warning, until I went into my room. There I found another note, next to some dead flowers. (Really creepy) it read,
"Dear my beautiful Bethany,
I hope you had fun tonight. Oh please, I know you did. I saw you. Just remember I know what you did. You can't hide from me. I know where you are, 24/7. So just wait until it's my time to act.
Sleep well, love ,
K"
So that was really creepy. I opened my window to get some fresh air. Then I called Sadie. She told me that she couldn't come over tonight, because she had to go to family game night. They were playing scatagories, her favorite. My phone rang, I almost didn't pick it up but I did. "Hi Bethany." The manly voice said.
"Hi? Who is this?", I say.
"Oh it's Mason. Sorry if I startled you." "No, it's fine. But how did you get my number."
" I Have my ways." That kinda crept me out but I gave him credit. " So why did you call me? Did you need something?" "Um.. No I just wanted to thank you for giving me a good time, and just coming with me."
"Really? You wanted to go with ME. For reals?"
"Totally, thanks for saying yes. I didn't know if you would want to come with me after I had bumped into you."
"Oh no it was fine."
"Well thanks for saying yes."
"It was my pleasure" i say.
"Ok, well...bye." Then he hung up. Could it be that Mason Duke likes me?