Chapter 1

• Dedicated to 19jacksonv

(What Beth wore is linked)
I grab my lipgloss and put it in my purse. My best friend Sadie was screaming at me from downstairs,"Bethany Grace MaGuire get your butt down here before I leave without you!"
"Coming!" I squealed. Every Wednesday night Sadie and I go to Desserted Island for the discount on desserts! YAASS GIRL! I walk down the stairs and Sadie gasps," Wow, you look amazing! Why you dressing up so fancy?"
"Well my mom says I should find 'someone' because I am getting really old." We both laugh and I kiss my mom bye. Sadie and I get in her Chevy truck and race down to the restraunt. We open the doors and walk straight to the front desk. "Oh! Hey girls. I've been waiting for you guys. You're 10 minutes late!" Our friend Lauren told us. She has been working here for about a year now, and she is running for employee of the year. She gets paid really well and is strangely rich for a 17 year old. "The usual table?" She asks curiously.
"Of course!" Sadie and I say in sync. Lauren grabs our menu's and escorts us to our usual table that is reserved for us. We sit down and start to order," I'll have the usual." Sadie said.
" Ok, and the usual for you to Beth?" Lauren asks.
"Well you know what, I think I am going to try something different." I say.
"Alright? So what will it be?"
"Um..I'll have the molten lava chocolate cake." ( LINKED IN NEXT CHAPTER)
"Alrighty then. I'll be back with those in a min. Oh, and with the drinks." Lauren left and we started laughing. "You are still getting the usual?" I said in between breaths.
"Well duh! I don't like adventures. You know tha.." Then she drowned from my mind. I looked at the man that came in with a new waitress. "He looks familiar." I say faintly. Sadie leaned in close.
"Who?"She whispered. I averted my eyes to him.
"OH! Him! He goes to our school!"she squealed. I felt something strange at that moment. I don't know what it was but it was something.