Those Three Little Words

Start from the beginning

"I heard you. And if you are so curious, he invited me to lunch. Now lay off." I heard the venom drip my words and immediately stopped myself.

"What's with the attitude?" He said with a glare.

"You! Ever since last night you have not been yourself." I stopped remembering that Ian was too drunk to function that night so he probably doesn't even remember.

"What happened last night?" Olivia raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing!" We both said at the same time. I gave Ian a confused look. Did he find out what happened?

A lump started to form in my throat.

"Hey why don't you come with us?" Emilio said wrapping his arm around me.

"Oh no thats ok he-" I started. I definitely do NOT want him coming.

"I'd be delighted." Ian said cutting me off.

I gave him a death stare. Why why why why why why why!?

------------------

We ended up eating at a local bakery that sold fresh sandwiches. Kind of like a bistro but more German if that makes any sense.

We all sat in a booth with a coffee colored table in the middle. I traced the leather stitching as we waited for our food, not wanting to make eye contact with Ian across from me.

"So you guys have gotten close." I said to Ian and Olivia who have been laughing at each others jokes and flirting since we got here. To be honest it was quite annoying.

"Actually..." Olivia began.

"Oh yeah real close. We are like the best of friends now!" Ian interrupted grabbing her shoulder.

"Right..." I said not making any assumptions. I mean what could they possibly mean to each other. Are they dating? Dating my ass. They couldn't be dating.

"So Rhiver, what nationality are you? You are so exotic." Emilio said now turning the conversation on to me.

I turned my attention away from Ian and Olivia. I could see that he was getting mad from the way he looked when Emilio asked that question.

"Well...." I started.

"She is Italian, Dominican, and Puerto Rican. This isn't an interview." Ian said with a scoff and went back to examining his ice water.

"Wow you've got the Latin in you." Emilio said ignoring the rude remark Ian gave him.

"I like that in my woman." he said whispering in my ear. I giggled as his minty breath tingled my ear.

"Rhiver? Can I speak with you?" Ian said almost shouting across the table.

"Sure." I said waiting for him to speak.

"In private." He growled bearing his teeth.

"Will you excuse me." I said politely to the table and got out from the booth.

------------

Ian's POV

I grabbed her hand and led her to a small corner of the bistro.

"What!?" She said pulling her hand away from my grip.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Sorry im not catching your drift. Explain to me exactly what I am doing?" She said raising her eyebrows and pouting her lips. I don't know why but i find her so attractive right now.