Awake

Rhiver's POV

Being in a coma is almost like being in a deep sleep except being able to hear things around you. The scary thing is is that you can't move, so your stuck. Stuck in the position like a rock.

It been two months iv heard and they took me off life support which was good. Actually great besides the fact that iv been sitting in my own mind surrounded by darkness.

But this time it was different. This time I saw a bright light that exploded so the whole room was white. I felt as though I could move so I got out of my hospital cot and walked around. It felt like having a lucid dream where you could see and feel everything in your dreams. I felt the heaviness of my body and instantly fell to the ground on my hands and knees.

"Rhiver." A voice said. I jumped and looked up at who had called my name. The person was wearing a white collard shirt and white trousers.

"Dad?"

"Come here kiddo." He said with opened arms. I got off my knees and ran to him with all of the energy and strength left in me. I hit him with an "oof" and squeezed him tight. After our long embrace i let go and smiled with teared eyes.

"Dad am i....dead?" I said biting my lip.

"No you are far from dead. You are very much alive and are going to live a happy, and long long life you hear me?" He said placing both hands on my shoulders.

"But dad i-" I said trying to stop my bottom lip from quivering.

"I know honey. I know how hard it is and how much you want to give up. But you can't. Life is hard but you have to be ten times harder. Iv watched you grow from a little tiny baby to a curious little girl and now to a beautiful young woman and not once have i seen you EVER give up."

A wooden door appeared behind him.

"Now when you walk through that door you are going to wake up and keep on living your life and making me proud." He said hugging me.

"I love you dad." I said giving him one last squeeze.

"And when the time is right and your life has had its last breath, ill be waiting for you along with your mother. Don't you forget that."

"I won't dad. I promise." I said sniffling.

"Now get a move on squirt. You've got a life to live." He said motioning me towards the door. I shuffled along up to the big door with the brass knob. I made one final glance back to where my father stood, waving and smiling.

"Get ready world, Im coming back." I said to myself and turned the knob and pushed my way through the door.

----------------------

I didn't want to open my eyes right away because i was scared. Scared of who would be by my side, waiting for me to wake up. Or if i was by myself and had to wake up in a lonely hospital bed.

I finally got the courage and pryyed my eyes open. I moved each of my fingers and then my hand, getting used to the feel of using them again. I arched my arms and pushed myself off my pillow and propped my back on the dashboard of the cot.

I looked to my left and saw Ian sleeping on a recline chair with a blanket draped over him. To be honest he looked awful. He had purple bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess.

"Hello?" I said not recognizing my voice.

"No i do not want a more comfortable place to sleep in. I already said i am sleeping here and that's final." He said with his eyes closed and sunk his head deeper into the pillow.