Forgive and Forget

Ian's POV

I slowly walked in and a pungent smell of rubbing alcohol hit my nose. It was quiet except for all of the machines that were beeping and buzzing. There were so many attached to her that I felt like they were invading her personal space.

I carefully tiptoed to her side, not wanting to disturb her, even though i knew she wouldn't wake up. I peered over here and moved a strand of hair from her forehead. Her face was splotched with red and there was a scrap with some dried blood still left on her right cheek. The color of her face had completely drained and her skin was a sickly white. Her lips were cracked and dried and the breathing tube just made her look worse.

"Hey Rhi." I said quietly. Instead of a response all I got was heavy breathing.

"I know you can't hear me but i want you to know that I am so sorry. I know you hate me. I would hate me too if I were you. I caused all of...this." I took a deep breath trying to contain myself.

"I never knew how much I loved you until now which is pretty unfortunate I guess because you had to get hurt for me to realize." I let a tear fall from my eyelash and drop onto her hand with a little pitter sound.

"I promised to protect you and I let you down Rhiver. I let you slip away from me. I never meant for any of this to happen. Please just please, keep fighting. Come back to us. Pat needs you, your mom needs you, the camp needs you, hell I need you!" By this time my voice had gone from a whisper to a loud sob.

"Wake up! Come on! I know your still in there! Do something! Anything!" I jumped when the machine that was connected to her heart rate had sped up its beeping and then went to a long beep. A group of nurses and doctors had swarm in and started to crowd her.

"We've got a code blue. Call Dr. Harron."

Nurses were moving things around but the monitor still kept that one note.

"Get her breathing god damn it!" One of the doctors said taking the breathing tube out of her and putting on a mask with a pump over her mouth.

"No! No Rhiver!" I said touching her face.

"Sir your going to have to step out." One of the nurses said.

"No! Im staying." One of the nurses started to move me along but I shrugged him off and ran back to my Rhiver.

"Sercurity!" She screamed and two hefty guys with uniforms came in and dragged me out of the room.

"Rhiver keep fighting!" I yelled before I was pushed out of the door and stumbled into Brian.

"What happened!" Brian said trying to see through the window as the chaos continued.

"She stopped breathing. Oh god she stopped breathing."

"Hey." I heard someone say behind me.

"Holy shit Casper." Brian said removing his gaze from the window. He was carrying a stuffed bear and a vase of lilies, her favorite flower.

"What are you doing here?" I said annoyed. That should be me bringing her those things.

"I came to give her these." He said showing us the stuff he got her.

"Well her heart stopped. Don't think you will be getting in there anytime soon." I said shaking the horrible experience out of my head. He set the gifts down on an empty tray.

"How did you find out?" Brian said.

"I was the one who uh..brought her here."

"What?!" We both said in unison.