Joey

"Come on sweetheart wake up." I heard as the blinding lights came on.

"No." I mumbled bringing my hands over my face. I peered at my mom who took a seat next to me.

"You need to get out of this bed. You haven't left your room in months. The doctor said if you don't start moving around your not going to get any better."

"I don't feel like it." I turned to my other side and stared out the window. There was a soothing silence that filled the room.

"I like my room so why would i want to leave."

"Good morning princess!" Another voice said. I knew it was Pat since he comes to visit every single day.

"She's not in a very good mood." My mom sneered.

"Is she ever?" He mumbled.

I sat up and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"If your going to sit here and make jokes about me then im getting out." I said slipping out of the covers.

"We'll in that case-" Pat started grinning.

"Save it, im already up so I guess ill just get in the wheelchair."

"That a girl." He said helping me into the chair. I roamed my fingers around the metal arm rests and grimaced at how cold they were.

"Roam free little bird! Your free to do whatever you want." Pat said opening the door for me.

"Oh the joy!" I said with a sarcastic grin. I wheeled my self out of the stuffy room and went on my way.

----------------

Ian's POV

"Hows she doing?" Chachi said over the phone.

"She's coping. The doctor said it would be a miracle if she can be rehabilitated to walk again." I sighed grabbing my keys and making my way to my car.

"Well miracles happen everyday."

"Yeah..." I trailed off getting into my car.

"Does she know?"

"What do you mean?"

"Did you tell her how you really feel about her?" She said.

"No. For all I know she still thinks we are together."

"Well your going to have to tell her sooner or later."

"Yeah..."

"It's was really nice talking to you again Ian." She said soothingly.

"Yeah it was nice hearing from you."

"Give Rhiver a big kiss from me and the crew."

"I will." I laughed.

"Ok goodbye."

"Bye." And i clicked off the phone. I took in a deep breath and let the air slowly seep out of my mouth. I geared the car in reverse and headed to the studio.

-------------------

Rhiver's POV

After roaming the hospital for about 20 minutes I found myself in the children's wing. I wheeled myself to the playroom where a little boy was coloring with crayons.

The walls were a bright yellow and almost made my eyes burn if i looked at it too long. There were toys everywhere and pictures that children drew were hung on bulletin boards.

"Are you sick too?" The little boy said hanging on to my wheelchair. He had a bald head and an air tube on the end of his nostrils. His big blue eyes were striking and his smile was contagious.

"Yeah....but why are you in here? You don't look sick!" I said poking his tummy.

"Mommy says i have cancer." He sighed and continued coloring at the table. My smile turned into a frown as he grabbed another crayon. I wheeled next to him and grabbed myself a piece of paper and crayon.

"We'll i can't walk. It's nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand. He smiled and turned his body toward me.

"Why can't you walk?"

"My legs don't work. But that's ok. At least now I have a friend." I smiled and handed him a crayon. He giggled and gladly took it.

"My name is Joey and im six years old." He said writing his name on the paper.

"My name is Rhiver."

"Rhiver!? That's a funny name." He laughed.

"Not as funny as Joey though!" I said tickling him. He bawled out in laughter.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" He asked me.

"Well..." I started remembering I wanted to be a dancer all my life but that changed after you know....the accident.

"Im not sure, how about you?" I asked him.

"I want to be a police man or maybe a chef. I don't know. I want to help people but i also really like food." He smiled and put the paper he colored aside a he grabbed a new one.

"I see you dilemma." I laughed.

"Can I ride on your wheel chair?" He asked wide eyed. He waited for my answer intently.

"Joey?" His mother called him.

"Maybe tomorrow. Now move along. Your mom is calling you." I said.

"Ill see you tomorrow!" He called out and wheeled his oxygen tank with him.

Smiling i wheeled my way back to the room.

Pat and my mom were still there chatting it up.

"Well you look smiley. What happened on your trip?" Mom said.

"I made a new friend."