Chapter 13

I couldnt sleep. I was restless. I havent been out for about five days. Patch was currled up against my side, his plush little body lifted and fell as he breathed. I need to go outside and do something!!!!

I got up slowly, trying not to disturb the kitten. It failed. He sat up, his button eyes shinning in the pail moon light. I smiled at the little thing, picking him up.

"You can come with me," I whisper.

"Meow~" His little mouth streached in a wide yawn as I place him on my sholders. He draped himself around my neck like a scarf.

Throwing on a black hooy over my gray Tee-shirt and blackish gray sweatpants, I stalked out of my room, carfully closing the door silently. A sqweak came from the floor behind me. I turned, my sight somewhat blocked by the hood.

The Rake crouched before me. I staired into his black beaty eyes. He just staired right back. Patch's breathing was the only noise in the hall. The the familiar rasping voice spoke.

"Shimmer? I-I sorry. Zalgo want you. Zalgo meet you."

I shook my head. "I've heard enough of my damn father! I dont want anything to do with him!!!" My voice was a whispered yell. Fury filled my body as I raged inside, wnting nothing but to rip off his head! But I held back. I wont be like him.

Rake staired at me, blinked, then sighed. "I do no want to do this." He lunged at me, knocking me to the ground.

Patch sqweaked. I pulled him out of my hood, his furr fluffed out in fright.

No you've done it Rake!!!!! I placed Patch down gently, rage flowing trough my vains like fire. Standing, I faced Rake. "This time, you run!" The voice I wised didnt belong to me. But it came from me? I didnt think much of it, just pulled out two curved daggers and ran twards the gray mass of skin and bone.

He lept out of the way and I slamed into a door. Blood pumped in my ears. I shoved them back to try and quiet the pounding, turning just in time to dodge his clawed hand, but not the kick to my stomach. I fell to the ground, my vision fuzzing. He started to drag me down the hall.

 Something ramed into his side. The thing pinned him to the ground, snarlling. Seedy?

It was. He saved me. He saved Patch. I blacked out.